cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I've been a BYU fan all my life, but when I read all the idiotic blather on CB and TBS, it seriously makes me want to root for the Utes, just to spite the moronic BYU fans. Can someone please walk me back off the ledge?
There are a few teams that don't have dorky fans, but they don't win very much. There is a correlation between winning % and dickheads in fan base. BYU's winning is bringing more and more dickheads out of the woodwork. The way to deal with it is to visit Utefans as frequently as you visit cougarboard. Cougarboard has more and the manner in which it drives sensible people away it is getting a higher percentage, but if you to Utefans there is a core group of assholeye there as well.

So if you really want a dickheadless fanbase you could root for Army. We did beat Rhode Island this year! WOOOOOOOOO!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
There are a few teams that don't have dorky fans, but they don't win very much. There is a correlation between winning % and dickheads in fan base. BYU's winning is bringing more and more dickheads out of the woodwork. The way to deal with it is to visit Utefans as frequently as you visit cougarboard. Cougarboard has more and the manner in which it drives sensible people away it is getting a higher percentage, but if you to Utefans there is a core group of assholeye there as well.

So if you really want a dickheadless fanbase you could root for Army. We did beat Rhode Island this year! WOOOOOOOOO!
Even with the "dumming down" (my opinion) that has occured on CB, it still on a percentage basis has far fewer knotheads. "That knothead" was a term my Dad always used when I was a kid. I knew what he meant, he was calling the person an asshole.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
when I read all the idiotic blather on CB and TBS, it seriously makes me want to root for the Utes
One suggestion would be to stop reading those websites. That way they won't bother you. I know this concept is very alien to many here, but give it a try.

Now come in off the ledge. I just made some nice warm churros.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Why on earth do you continue to read the blather on CB and TBS?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Stay away from campus. Seeing BYU students in person might push you off the edge. Calling them dorks would be kind. They need to relax the admission standards so some normal people can go there.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Stay away from campus. Seeing BYU students in person might push you off the edge. Calling them dorks would be kind. They need to relax the admission standards so some normal people can go there.
Maybe it's me but I have started to notice an uglying of the female student body slowly over the past decade. Is this accurate?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Why on earth do you continue to read the blather on CB and TBS?
TBS has some really good stuff and interviews. They had an interview with Pittman and Brooks that I enjoyed quite a bit. I don't know what is going on, but there are actually some posters on there that challenge the lala land posters now and then.

If you have the time and I do, CB can be entertaining.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

I agree with this. Winning brings out the idiots. I have a hard time dealing with far too many of the zoots on utefans. To be honest, that board was a lot more fun when McBride was coach, as the true Ute fans were there and just had fun with what would happen, win or lose.

The % of idiots fans of both BYU and Utah are equal. BYU just has more fans so they have a larger number of idiots.

That said, anytime you want to join us on the good side, you'd be more than welcome.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I don't think I have ever wanted to root for the utes to spite the idiot cougar fans, but when we do lose it makes it easier to handle when I know I have their hilarious meltdonws to look forward to.
LOL. I've felt the same way about Ute fans.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:30 AM   #20
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Maybe it's me but I have started to notice an uglying of the female student body slowly over the past decade. Is this accurate?
The hot ones now attend UVSC.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote