cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
In fairness, he is not. Matthews tends to bend to the right, but hey....dont all men?
Surely you just. His pecker is the only thing he has that may bend to the right.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Surely you just. His pecker is the only thing he has that may bend to the right.
He voted for W!

And dont call me Shirley.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This is Chris Matthews we're talking about? Speech writer for Carter, advisor to Tip O'Neill? You're being sarcastic, right?
The same Chris that has a schoolboy crush on Ann Coulter.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This is Chris Matthews we're talking about? Speech writer for Carter, advisor to Tip O'Neill? You're being sarcastic, right?
I think so. the one who voted for George W Bush? That one?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #15
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default Yes, but we in this forum are damaged goods....

Quote:
Not sure what it means to "knock it out of the park." Bush's post 9/11 speech in his SOU address was fantastic, but it did little for him in the long run....even in the short run. So whether Mitt "knocked it out of the park," not sure how that really will affect anything at all.

All this speech did was indicate something that Mitt had been trying to say before....his Church wont dictate his presidency.

I doubt too many people are going to bed tonight saying, "Phew....now that we have that clarified, I am going to vote for Mitt instead..."

That being said, Mitt did a nice job. It was a nice speech. He took a gamble by giving a speech specifically to discuss his faith....and in my opinion he definitely came across in a positive light.

On CB, some have said it was the greatest political speech of all time....another said it was the best political speech of the past 2 years......so it is obvious that everyone, pro and anti Mitt, are hearing what they want to hear.
We are more inclined to have taken the time to find out what Mitt has been saying prior to this speech regardless of our support of him or other candidates. There are still a huge number of voters who have no clue about what he has said in the past due to their lack of interest, or willingness to swallow the sound bytes in the MSM. This morning a national poll showed that over 50% asked were not aware that Mitt Romney was even LDS? So this could have a strong influence on fence sitters.

This morning more news came out about a Huckabee support group that has been actually caught push polling (not necessarily related to the initial pp campaign against Romney) in Iowa. Huckabee's spokesperson has been forced to distance the campaign from this group. So fence sitters in Iowa or recently swayed voters from other camps to Huckabee (Romney has not lost significant support since his firm stamp in the lead), could take in the Romney speech together with the flack from over eager Huckabee supporters crossing the line and give Mitt just enough to take Iowa. He will take New Hampshire, he has leads in Nevada, Michigan and recently has taken the lead in South Carolina.

So if Romney takes 5 out of 5 of the early primaries, It eliminates all remaining candidates sans Giuliani, and Support for him would be severely hit as Huckabee, McCain, and Thompson supporters fall in line behind Romney. Mitt is close enough in Florida that just Huckabee and Thompson supporters would give him more than enough to beat Giuliani there, and after than it is all she wrote.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Chris Matthews is conservative regardless of what he may have been in the 1970's.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Chris Matthews is conservative regardless of what he may have been in the 1970's.
And Bingo was his name-o......

Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #18
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Chris Matthews is quite the conundrum. He's hated on C&L for being a Bushie, but hated on here and CB for being a liberal. He generally seemed pretty neutral when I used to watch him, hating Bush, but also Clinton.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am sure Rush and Hannity think so, too.

What does Bill Maher think?
My guess is that Bill Mahr is too busy watching tapes of his own show to worry about anything else. He is his biggest fan. Just like Rush and Hannity are their own biggest fans.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Why because he jumped down Bill throat over Monica.

Watch the dude. If he isn't a liberal then he is a bona fide Bush hater. He hates Cheney. His wacky network (real network, not cable) show that was on for a while got dumped. If he got dumped he wasn't conservative. Conservative talk shows get ratings and stay on.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote