cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I bought the CD off a recommendation from a friend.

From beginning to end it is one of more redundant pieces of crap I've listened to.

Angels and Airwaves suck.

Even Radiohead is better.
Even Radiohead is better? The Bends is one of the best albums ever...by any artist. Angels and Airwaves does get redundant, most emo is. But if you're dissing them by putting them beneath Radiohead then we will most likely never agree musically. Radiohead is arguably one of if not the best groups of the last 20 years. And I am not even a huge fan. But they have some great stuff.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #12
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I bought the CD off a recommendation from a friend.

From beginning to end it is one of more redundant pieces of crap I've listened to.

Angels and Airwaves suck.

Even Radiohead is better.
That's way too harsh. Radiohead is MUCH worse.

I have not heard A&A's second cd, just the first single. I have their first cd. The Adventure is a VERY good song, but it is all downhill from there. Not a very solid album all around.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #13
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Even Radiohead is better? The Bends is one of the best albums ever...by any artist. Angels and Airwaves does get redundant, most emo is. But if you're dissing them by putting them beneath Radiohead then we will most likely never agree musically. Radiohead is arguably one of if not the best groups of the last 20 years. And I am not even a huge fan. But they have some great stuff.
Are you f'ing kidding me?! Radiohead has to be THE most over rated band in history. Take your radiohead crap back over to CougarBoard with all the other pussies.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #14
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
The Adventure is a VERY good song, but it is all downhill from there. Not a very solid album all around.
"Distraction", "Do It For Me Now", "Valkyrie Missile"... Any of these songs ring a bell? They're all good. I think the constant stream of Rush has killed your sense of good music.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote