cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2008, 03:08 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Of course. College football on a professional football channel. Why didn't I think of that?
wow, you were serious about it not being on tv? I thought you were kidding by insinuating that NFL Network is not real tv.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:11 AM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
wow, you were serious about it not being on tv? I thought you were kidding by insinuating that NFL Network is not real tv.
I didn't say it wasn't real TV, I just didn't know they were in the business of broadcasting college football games.

I've watched the NFL Network many times, but it's always had NFL programming on.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:28 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I didn't say it wasn't real TV, I just didn't know they were in the business of broadcasting college football games.

I've watched the NFL Network many times, but it's always had NFL programming on.
The NFL Network televised a number of the bowl games - probably out of necessity to ensure that all the bowl games were televised.

I think they actually did a good job, as there was some good insight on which players would and wouldn't be a fit in the NFL.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
The NFL Network televised a number of the bowl games - probably out of necessity to ensure that all the bowl games were televised.

I think they actually did a good job, as there was some good insight on which players would and wouldn't be a fit in the NFL.
A number of the bowl games? As in what..1? 2?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

I think Il Padrino was referring to the "number" as in 1. I love how all these haters point to BYU having to pull wins out of their asses. Good teams find a way to win. Think how many times in Crowton's tenure did we snatch defeat out of the Jaws of victory. I will forever hate Matt Payne for his suckiness and all those dickheads who loved him simply because he knew how to tackle regardless of the fact that his crappy punts always set up the returner for big gains.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I think Il Padrino was referring to the "number" as in 1. I love how all these haters point to BYU having to pull wins out of their asses. Good teams find a way to win. Think how many times in Crowton's tenure did we snatch defeat out of the Jaws of victory. I will forever hate Matt Payne for his suckiness and all those dickheads who loved him simply because he knew how to tackle regardless of the fact that his crappy punts always set up the returner for big gains.
I'm not a hater. I stated a fact. Had the UCLA kicker not kicked the ball so low, UCLA would have won that game.

As for Crowton, that was more Doman and Staley.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Which is worse? Not being on TV, or being called "the worst bowl game of the bowl season to date".
I can't believe you're still using this line. That was after what, 3 games? Our bowl game ended up being more exciting than most of the BCS games.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #18
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I stated a fact. Had the UCLA kicker not kicked the ball so low, UCLA would have won that game.
I see you've personally adopted the Poppinga theory that you've been mocking for 4 years now.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #19
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not a hater. I stated a fact. Had the UCLA kicker not kicked the ball so low, UCLA would have won that game.

As for Crowton, that was more Doman and Staley.
LOL, if Anae had grounded the ball and UCLA's kicker had missed his two 50+ yarders, they wouldn't have even tried to kick the last one and miss it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
LOL, if Anae had grounded the ball and UCLA's kicker had missed his two 50+ yarders, they wouldn't have even tried to kick the last one and miss it.
If BYU had actually bothered to develop an offensive game plan that was different than the one they used in week 2, they wouldn't have even tried to kick the last one and miss it.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote