cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Ofcourse it is..i would be surprised if it wasnot .the media owners are wise enough not to miss any opportunity to dehumanize whom they hate the most.
Maybe I am missunderstanding you. I know I am dense at times.

Rather than provide veiled comments please speak your mind clearly. Wasn't this movie written by a woman of Iranian heritage? and if so why do you feel it dehumanizes anyone. Is it because such a serious topic or theme is told through the medium of a cartoon? I am honestly trying to understand what you are really saying.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post

Rather than provide veiled comments please speak your mind clearly. Wasn't this movie written by a woman of Iranian heritage? and if so why do you feel it dehumanizes anyone. Is it because such a serious topic or theme is told through the medium of a cartoon? I am honestly trying to understand what you are really saying.
Mindful is incoherent. Her husband's trainer just injected her with HGH, unbeknownst to her husband.

Once her husband finds out, mindful will likely be beheaded, so she may not answer your post.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #13
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Ooooh, now I want to see it.
Please do!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #14
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post

I have no problem with the movie being made in black and white animated theme ...but with just watching the trailer ..i could say ..you would be forced to welcome mostly dishonest ,inaccurate information regarding the authorities ,the law enforcements and even the education system.

while the story is dedicated to this lady's unpleasant personal experiences which were direct or indirect consequences of her parents and/ or her own decisions ..there is a powerful scenario going on behind the scene to substitute the movie with a panoramic view of iranian society ,religion and culture.

having read her interviews and motivations i should suggest she is better off taking the responsibility of finding and recognising her identity which was being "lost" somewhere in Europe ....while at that time her countrymen were devastated by war ,trying to defend thier beloved country ,sacrificing thier lives.

you would kindly realise that i am not trying to downplay my country's problems or sweep them under the carpet,rather offering decent ,precise approachs to analyze them.