cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the examples of "we got restless and had preemies and it turned out bad"?

I take it those are effective but not necessarily smiled upon.

My son has a developmental issue, so I've become much more aware and sensitive about the plights of both children and parents, though in our case it is (hopefully) minor and temporary.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:56 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
What about the examples of "we got restless and had preemies and it turned out bad"?

I take it those are effective but not necessarily smiled upon.

My son has a developmental issue, so I've become much more aware and sensitive about the plights of both children and parents, though in our case it is (hopefully) minor and temporary.
I am not sure the nurses would allow that. As I am sure you know, you cant just show up and visit people in extended stay that dont know you.

The only reason my wife and I are allowed to show up is because she made good friends with a few of the nurses, including the head residents.

It seems like the examples you are talking about may scare the moms or cause unneeded anxiety.

We try to visit moms with triplets. They feel so hopeless and frustrated and it always seems to perk them up a bit to know that they have a punchers chance at having healthy babies (although the first year is sheer brutality).

There were a few times when our head doctor talked frankly about risks while my wife was laid out in her bed. Over the course of a few months, you need to vary your approach and there were sometimes when my wife needed to hear the honest truth.....that being, if your kids are born right now, there is a statistical probability that they may have the following developmental issues.....

That kind of re-focused her after hearing stuff like that, but it was used sparingly.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte

Last edited by TripletDaddy; 04-11-2008 at 05:58 AM.
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote