cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default The minions' health care insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why are you not concerned about the problems to be created by this National Health Insurance Exchange?

I'm not making it up.

Here's the link: http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issue...reFullPlan.pdf

The Plan sounds like Santa Claus, all this with no hassles and no costs to anybody. Wow how generous.

Does anybody remember when Medicare was created?

Has anybody researched the representations made during that debate?

Has anybody here dealt with the Department of HHS?

Who here is naive enough to believe this organization will be wonderful?

Who here that routinely deals with government agencies finds them to be well-run, efficient and friendly?

Has anybody ever had to work with the SSA on disability issues? Is that a fun and efficient experience?

Yes I'm sounding like a broken record, but is there not one soul who is concerned about the mess to be created with yet another bureaucracy?

And for you organizational behavioral types, what are the general rules of operations for bureaucracy regarding funding and staffing? If you know the answers, you'll see why it ties into my question immediately above.
will NEVER, I mean NEVER equal that of the FEHBP! No way!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Winning is all the Dems care about. Same with Repubs.

The problem is that if the Dems win this time, they can cause some serious damage with three radicals in the key positions.
And get their butts handed to them in two years.

My plan is working.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
exUte

Default Unless you go to the ER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
For the same reason I don't think Miss Universe will really help to bring about world peace.

Our healthcare system will remain largely they way that it is...and the way that is has almost always been.

Stop worrying, you won't have to sit in the same waiting room with poor people and minorities anytime soon.
Then everyone is equal. Insurance or no insurance. Citizen or illegal ... errrr... undocumented citizen.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
exUte

Default Don't confuse DDD with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Assume, for one moment, your hero Obama, actually enacts this monstrosity, do you have no concerns?
the facts. If Ohbama didn't intend to fight for such a program (and thus sell the Americans) why would he say such an outrageous thing?

Only DDD would believe that nonsense.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I wonder if 3D is an accurate reflection of many Obama voters: "Oh stop worrying, he really won't do what he says he's going to do."

But maybe that is a Dem strategy. Given Cali's assessment of the Dem Congress, I wonder if winning is the only thing that Dems care about.
My attitude does not reflect a stance towards Obama specifically, but rather towards Presidents in general.

I dont think either candidate is going to get a lot done in 4 years. The main focus right now is the mortgage crisis and the Iraq War.

Free flu shots doesnt even top the list of hot button items.

My guess is that Dems care about winning as much as Republicans. Perhaps a little more given that Republicans know that they are not going to win now.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And get their butts handed to them in two years.

My plan is working.
My concern is the damage that can be done in two years. We're still trying to fix the trouble caused by FDR's New Deal.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #17
exUte

Default Myboy!

Quote:
I wonder if 3D is an accurate reflection of many Obama voters: "Oh stop worrying, he really won't do what he says he's going to do."

But maybe that is a Dem strategy. Given Cali's assessment of the Dem Congress, I wonder if winning is the only thing that Dems care about.
Where have you been? It's all about winning. How often do you agree with your wife? 90% of the time? Yet, you get some guys and gals together with either a "D" or "R" in front of their names and they all turn into sheeple. I love how liberals and some morons on this board call Mormons sheeple. Just look at the political landscape. Talk about Exhibit A for sheeple. That could be justified if led by a prophet......oh wait......they will be lead by the messiah.

I agree. Many Ohbama supporters don't agree with his outrageous stances but instead think, 'he really won't do all those things'.

Well, the people will deserve what they wanted. Change!

And the nonsense about Ohbama uniting America. Where does anyone get that idea?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #18
exUte

Default I'll wager you $50 that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My attitude does not reflect a stance towards Obama specifically, but rather towards Presidents in general.

I dont think either candidate is going to get a lot done in 4 years. The main focus right now is the mortgage crisis and the Iraq War.

Free flu shots doesnt even top the list of hot button items.

My guess is that Dems care about winning as much as Republicans. Perhaps a little more given that Republicans know that they are not going to win now.
we are still in Iraq in 9 months if Ohbama is elected. That should be an easy one. Right? LOL
Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #19
exUte

Default Wrong. No one is trying to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
My concern is the damage that can be done in two years. We're still trying to fix the trouble caused by FDR's New Deal.
the problem caused by the New Deal. Show me one.

It's young guys like you that will spend the rest of your lifes paying for all the liberal nonsense. I feel sorry for you but glad those morons voting for Ohbama will be paying the bill their entire lives.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
not, a single, one.

Archaea, obviously it would take a while to do this issue justice. But here's the thing: you are not a consumer of health care. CMS. You pay for access to care that you rarely, if ever, seek. So I think you may fail to recognize the extent to which we already have a health care bureaucracy, and a rather expensive and ineffective one at that.
I work against the bureaucracies, federal and state, as part of my practice. Physicians and hospitals deal with the worst monstrosity of all, CMS. Next couple the monstrosities regulating aspects of each segment, and it's a veritable nightmare.

But don't you see you'll only increase it by adding another gargantuan to it?

Medicare started this problem and each layer we add upon it, will increase the headaches. Not just costs, but anybody who ignores costs in contemplating this is on a fool's errand. But inconvenience, inefficiencies and poorer care and delivery.

People naively assume if a problem exists, "just create another agency and fund another program" will fix it. It won't. Medicare didn't fix anything, it just shifted the problems.

There are changes which should be made, but this idea is wrong-headed. Intelligent people not revolting at the idea boggles my mind.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-24-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote