cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
The fact of the matter is: two good snaps on field goals early in this season and we would be playing in a BCS bowl.
And reverse one questionable pass interference call against your opponent on third and 24 and you wouldn't be.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #12
SeattleUte

To be honest, I'm rooting for Ohio State and Oklahoma for wholly unrighteous reasons--jealousy. Can you imagine how Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl and Urban Meyer in the NC game must make Ute fans feel? Like being dumped by the prom queen after two nights of fantastic sex for your next door neighbor you always thought was goofy, and then being SOL on prom night. That's how.

I always have defended Urban Meyer, even when everyone on the Ute board was calling him Urban Liar. I thought that episode was silliy. He like everyone else has a right to advance his career. This makes me a rarity among Ute fans so I figure that any Ute fan who doesn't admit what I just have is a liar.

—Paul Auster
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

That a good coach would stay at Utah for the long haul is laughably naive.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #14
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That a good coach would stay at Utah for the long haul is laughably naive.
So I show a little honesty revealing an insecurity and get kicked in the balls. Typical. No magnanimity here. The fact is no coach not brain washed would stay at BYU. BYU's football program and tradition alone would not have kept Urban Meyer either.

The Ute basket ball program is another story, however.

—Paul Auster
Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
So I show a little honesty revealing an insecurity and get kicked in the balls. Typical. No magnanimity here. The fact is no coach not brain washed would stay at BYU. BYU's football program and tradition alone would not have kept Urban Meyer either.

The Ute basket ball program is another story, however.
BYU would never have hired Urban Meyer. Hence, by virtue of our pool of candidates, we are much more likely to keep a great coach. "Intangibles."

I'm only stating the obvious. Utah has no tradition, and historically little support for its team. It's a commuter school, and as such struggles with identity. You guys might be able to keep a Sonny Lubick or Joe Glenn, but never an Urban Meyer. Not kicking you in the balls, just saying that your program is not on the national stage.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #16
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
And reverse one questionable pass interference call against your opponent on third and 24 and you wouldn't be.
Questionable? Had the ute defender even tried to make a play on the ball, you might then consider the call questionable ... The poor play of the ute defender forced the official to throw the flag -don't blame the official.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #17
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Questionable? Had the ute defender even tried to make a play on the ball, you might then consider the call questionable ... The poor play of the ute defender forced the official to throw the flag -don't blame the official.
Heaven forbid you actually bring facts into the argument.

TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #18
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

The call was questionable in my book. I am very glad that it went that way, and I was screaming for a flag at the time, but it was borderline.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #19
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Until we prove our worth on the field we aren't going to get better.

What were the most notable OOC victories this year for the MWC? Without TCU, I wonder if you have ANY. (IndyCoug will provide some other examples in a few moments I am sure).
sure, but our bowls are even worse than the WAC, MAC and even Sun Belt bowls (it sure seems that way.. at least date of bowls)

we need to get something along the Holiday bowl tier.. I would have loved to have had the Insight.com bowl played in Tempe on New Years Eve.. I think that would be a great MWC champ bowl
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote