cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #21
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree with you Indy. I had tickets to two or three games down in the first few rows and heard so much second guessing from the players it was an absolute joke.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #22
WaterCat

WaterCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie
I saw Grimes two years ago rip Kuresa and Curtis brown on the sideline, he went on a rampage.
Then turns to Kuresa and says "I am not the F&*( Head coach I want to run the ball to, but listen to your coach and quit arguing with every decision, he proceeded on to something along the lines of how he is sick of all the mutiny going on with the team and to just toughen the F^&$ up and do your job.
Now does this mean that yfanatico is Jake Kuresa? Actually I think I know who it is and I'm almost certain that Indy knows. What a cancer.

As for the coach, it sounds like it was a special teams incident so my bet would be on Pat Higgins or Barry Lamb. I have no opinion on whether or not the coach should be fired but I do think that our Special Teams play was subpar this year. Our talent deficiency is definitely a factor there.

The kicking game seemed erratic. Our punter can kick the crap out of the ball but shanked it more times than he got a foot on it. That first punt at the Las Vegas bowl was an NFL caliber kick but he wasn't at all impressive for the rest of the game.

Also, is anyone else excited that David Nixon and Fui Vakapuna are back from their missions? I expect big things from both of those guys. I think Nixon will contribute next year. Fui may take a year to get back into form but that kid was a bruiser and I'll think he'll be a solid player. Seeing him wear #6 gave me Staley flashbacks.
WaterCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #23
Funky Cougar

Funky Cougar
Default It's my understanding that Coach Lamb has been

a guy that has been let go and come back more than once. He almost got fired when Bronco was named DC under Crowton. From the players I've spoken with, dude is an ass.
Funky Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #24
jlm252

jlm252

Let me be the first to thank you for that pic funky.
jlm252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #25
jlm252

jlm252

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAX77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm252
The said event between a coach and a player most certainly happened. Coach was pulled off said player by 2 dlineman. This coach had the player pinned up against the wall with his forearm to the player's neck. I won't be sad if the coach involved was let go.
I would. He is a hell of a coach.
From what I have been told he is not a hell of a coach and his players are afraid to even approach him with questions. He obviously has done some things well or he wouldn't be a coach but just from what I have heard we would be better served by replacing him.
jlm252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 PM   #26
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

He is a very good recruiter, one of the best on the staff.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #27
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
He is a very good recruiter, one of the best on the staff.
Aha! So he is male and a good recruiter AND on the staff. We're zeroing in on this one baby! Will one of you at least post it in the crypt?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #28
jwf

jwf
Default Lamb.

Coach Lamb is the guy.