cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I might be crude in my interpetation but I think the affable creekster just told JetBlue's older brother to fuck off.

creekster, I like how you roll!
Not quite. Here's what my magic spectacles tell me it means: Call us stupid but please don't call us bad people.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
That's right. Mormons bred me that way.

Now you're using the Hamas excuse. I was raised up and bred the way I am. Pretty sad to blame your current behavior on someone else. Take some responsibility man! :-D
Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #23
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Not quite. Here's what my magic spectacles tell me it means: Call us stupid but please don't call us bad people.
No, Goatnapper was right. Here, I'll say it for you. We're stupid and bad. Fine. Now go somewhere else.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
People are bad for arguing over the distinction between domestic partnerships and marriage? Doesn't sound bad, just stupid to me.

Bad is murder, rape, theft, etc.

Disagreeing over a political distinction without much difference? Stupid on both sides.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 AM   #25
LA Ute

LA Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I wonder if the African American woman who cited the Bible to her husband as justification for her vote knows that this was the primary moral authority cited by Confederates as support for their enslavement of her ancestors. I bet not. There's nothing here that a little education won't cure, and I'm thinking gay marriage proponents ought to redouble their efforts to bring the best educational resources possible to LA's downtrodden masses.
I'm sure others have brought this to your attention, but it is mildy amusing to see you, he who flings jeremiads at organized religion with such relish, making your arguments so sanctimoniously.

But here's an honest, good-faith question for you: If (when?) gay rights activists finally succeed in establishing that homosexuality is just like race, won't that place the U.S. government in a position of considering a great many-- perhaps most-- traditional faith communities bigots who are at odds with the law of the land? I'm not talking about the faith community that most irritates you (the Mormons) but, for example, Catholics, many Jews, and the African American churches you view with such condescension? Seriously, won't that raise some very difficult issues for people of good will to work out? As you ponder this question, try not to jump to some of your favorite words, like "obvious," to describe your own views. You might not have as great cause to be certain as you think.

Last edited by LA Ute; 11-09-2008 at 03:47 AM. Reason: typos
LA Ute is offline   Reply With Quote