cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #21
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The problem is that in national polls, Romney is doing poorly. That bodes poorly for Super Tues.
Romney overwhelmingly won the voters satisfied with the Bush administration. He may want to rethink that angle.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #22
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
From the exit polls, it appears the younger voters didn't turn out in NH in the numbers they turned out in Iowa. That and McCain's competition for the swing independents may have made the difference.

Clinton got half of the female vote, but only 25% of single men voted for her. I find that last part really funny.

Didn't McCain do really well in NH in 2000, too?
Are you still an Obama girl?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #23
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Romney overwhelmingly won the voters satisfied with the Bush administration. He may want to rethink that angle.
Are you sure? For all his faults, there are still a lot of Repubs out there that like Bush. Winning these voters, doesn't necessarily exclude him from winning the votes of the non-Bush supporters. It would be interesting to know why he won these voters.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #24
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Are you still an Obama girl?
For the Dems, I support Obama. I've always voted Republican, so I'm hoping in vain McCain will win the nomination. If he doesn't, I would vote Obama over any of the other GOPs. I disagree with many of the board criticisms I've seen of Obama, but I'm not unaware of his weaknesses, either.

My state will almost certainly go Huckabee/Edwards.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 AM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
For the Dems, I support Obama. I've always voted Republican, so I'm hoping in vain McCain will win the nomination. If he doesn't, I would vote Obama over any of the other GOPs. I disagree with many of the board criticisms I've seen of Obama, but I'm not unaware of his weaknesses, either.

My state will almost certainly go Huckabee/Edwards.
Hey girl, that's you and me for McCain.

I was for McCain when it wasn't popular, btw.

This race is kind of messed up, in that I am having a hard time figuring out how any of the candidates are going to win.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 AM   #26
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
I disagree with many of the board criticisms I've seen of Obama, but I'm not unaware of his weaknesses, either.
What the hell are his strengths? Other than he's not Hillary?

I am pulling for Obama on the Dem side, just so I don't have to worry about looking at Hillary's ugly mug for the next four years, and hearing her annoying voice.

BTW, has ANYONE heard her speak with a voice like the one she used during her crying episode? She actually sounded like a normal woman. I'm sure someone told her she needed to do that after the she screeched and hollared during the last debate.

Last edited by NorCal Cat; 01-09-2008 at 03:40 AM.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #27
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Hey girl, that's you and me for McCain.

I was for McCain when it wasn't popular, btw.
Yes, I do seem to remember about six months ago us trying in vain to point out that McCain was the only GOP to take a stand against enhanced interrogation. I hate to be a single issue voter, but in this case that pretty much settles it for me.

I'd be shocked if he could even stay close in the national race, though. He'll get a bump from New Hampshire then fade from the scene. He doesn't have the money or the campaign staff to stay viable, he comes across as awkward when he speaks, and he's just plain old.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, I do seem to remember about six months ago us trying in vain to point out that McCain was the only GOP to take a stand against enhanced interrogation. I hate to be a single issue voter, but in this case that pretty much settles it for me.

I'd be shocked if he could even stay close in the national race, though. He'll get a bump from New Hampshire then fade from the scene. He doesn't have the money or the campaign staff to stay viable, he comes across as awkward when he speaks, and he's just plain old.
Enhanced interrogation sounds so much better than torture, don'tcha think?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Well at the very least, even if McCain goes nowhere, at least we discovered that we are political/ideological soulmates. We are ships of brilliance in a sea of mediocrity.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #30
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbara -

I seem to remember you worried about McCaine's age when I mentioned that I could find myself jumping on his bandwagon. Or am I thinking of another female on this site?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote