cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

TNR says McCain has transmogrified from being the most earnest of political candidates to possibly the most cynical ever. FWIW.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
The McCain camp must be uncomfortable with Palin right now. She has been more sheltered than any VP pick I can recall. She is nowhere to be seen. Her only major media appearance following the announcement will be tonight, in an extremely controlled environment. I would imagine she is getting a crash course in domestic and foreign policy and doesn't appear ready for interviews yet.
You belong on HuffingtonPost and DailyKos, not here.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
But perhaps we ought to wait and see
Right. I said it's too early to know.

Quote:
Plus, let me ask you a different question: do you think this movement among GOP and Dem women would've been different had McCain picked (his reputed 2nd choice) Pawlenty? Romney?
Now that is a good question. Let me think on it. I have to get all the furniture moved before the carpet cleaners get here, so I can't post now.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #24
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Then list her major media appearances since the announcement, Tex. Attempt to address the facts, for once.
I already made the mistake of taking you seriously once. Find a new Dance of Death partner.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #25
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default One less than Biden's major

Quote:
Then list her major media appearances since the announcement, Tex. Attempt to address the facts, for once.
media appearances.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The McCain camp must be uncomfortable with Palin right now. She has been more sheltered than any VP pick I can recall. She is nowhere to be seen. Her only major media appearance following the announcement will be tonight, in an extremely controlled environment. I would imagine she is getting a crash course in domestic and foreign policy and doesn't appear ready for interviews yet.
"Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck."

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 09-03-2008 at 07:43 PM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Does anyone know what Obama has said in the last two days, outside his comments about Palin?

Nope.

Obama was the big story in this election. Now Palin is.

Now when Palin talks, everyone is going to be listening, wondering if disaster is going to strike.

Palin has pulled Obama off-stride for sure.
Nevertheless, Obama stays ahead in the polls and has increased his lead from last week. It remains to be seen if the post convention bump helps McCain next week.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
lol! A classic Tex response when he knows he has no answer to the question being asked. If you don't have the cajones to respond, I leave it up to anyone else to give it a shot.

Unless i missed them, there haven't been any majopr appearances. This may or may not be a bad hting. Lok at it like this: if she had been out there all this time, her appearance would have been washed out or at least mixed up with tall the rhetoric flying around about her record and her family. As it is, everyone that cares is incredibly interested in her and we have nothing. SO what is she like? We will all pay close attention tonight. If she does well, all the hoo-ha fades away. OTOH, if she stinks, she will be buried. It is very possible this approach will serve them well over time.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #29
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Unless i missed them, there haven't been any majopr appearances. This may or may not be a bad hting. Lok at it like this: if she had been out there all this time, her appearance would have been washed out or at least mixed up with tall the rhetoric flying around about her record and her family. As it is, everyone that cares is incredibly interested in her and we have nothing. SO what is she like? We will all pay close attention tonight. If she does well, all the hoo-ha fades away. OTOH, if she stinks, she will be buried. It is very possible this approach will serve them well over time.
Actually, here is how it will go......just as the partisan hacks post Obama speech...

if she does poorly, all the Dems jump on her (Knight....JUMP QUEEN!)

If she does well, all the Dems detract by saying that she either did not do THAT well or that it was just a speech and means nothing.

That is just my guess. I doubt all the hoo ha is going anywhere, regardless of how the speech goes tonight.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #30
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Actually, here is how it will go......just as the partisan hacks post Obama speech...

if she does poorly, all the Dems jump on her (Knight....JUMP QUEEN!)

If she does well, all the Dems detract by saying that she either did not do THAT well or that it was just a speech and means nothing.

That is just my guess. I doubt all the hoo ha is going anywhere, regardless of how the speech goes tonight.

You could be right. Without Mike Waters' guidance it is hard to know what exactly will happen. I still think if she knocks one out tongiht, the hoo-ha will fade and she will energize the evangelical base (which is why she is there, after all) and McCain and Obama will get back to it. Either way I will look forward to her debate with Biden.