cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
well, you and Snipe have a lot in common!
f ... off. He has no libertarian tendencies whatsoever. I have feverishly opposed the War in selection, and the unPatriot Act. I'd even allow for gay marriages to save taxes. You now have no credibility linking anybody here with Snipe.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
f ... off. He has no libertarian tendencies whatsoever. I have feverishly opposed the War in selection, and the unPatriot Act. I'd even allow for gay marriages to save taxes. You now have no credibility linking anybody here with Snipe.
Psst. He thinks Chris Matthews is a conservative, too. Not the best political acumen, that one.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Whether you like it or no, you DO have a lot in common with Snipe.

You just conveniently chose to illustrate a few areas where you know Snipe would disagree--ie, gays.

if you feverishly oppose the war, then how can you say you cant think of anything the Dems are doing right?

Seems like you are a flip flopper, which would explain your loyalty to Mitt.

Continue increasing your carbon footprint....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #24
Archaea

Quote:

if you feverishly oppose the war, then how can you say you cant think of anything the Dems are doing right?
And linking anybody with Snipe is the same thing as linking you with Hitler or Che.

Yeah I seem to remember Hillary voting against the war. What the f.... They all vote depending upon the wind. The Dem Party basically, "well we voted but it was Bush's fault." f.. faces all of them.

I have done this in the past, but I posted on CB BEFORE the War where I thought it was a bad idea.

Now that we're in this clusterfuck, I'm not certain what to do. And nobody has posited a good answer yet.

Snipe can't see the weaknesses of his own positions. I know my weaknesses, as my choices are limited and governed by the even weaker options of the opposition. Most of our political choices are screwed up, it's devil's choice by which one you wish to die.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #25
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Triplett, obviously I rarely agree with Archaea, but he is in no way, shape or form like Snipe.

Being against the war BEFORE the war had some meaning. Being against the war AFTER it had already begun is a pretty meaningless sentiment/position.

The Democrats saying they are against the war is not a solution to the problem. What little the Democrats have offered in the way of solutions has been laughable. Reid offering up "the war is already lost" is not a solution.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #26
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Triplett, obviously I rarely agree with Archaea, but he is in no way, shape or form like Snipe.

Being against the war BEFORE the war had some meaning. Being against the war AFTER it had already begun is a pretty meaningless sentiment/position.

The Democrats saying they are against the war is not a solution to the problem. What little the Democrats have offered in the way of solutions has been laughable. Reid offering up "the war is already lost" is not a solution.
I agree with these observations.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
TripletDaddy

Quote:
And linking anybody with Snipe is the same thing as linking you with Hitler or Che.

Yeah I seem to remember Hillary voting against the war. What the f.... They all vote depending upon the wind. The Dem Party basically, "well we voted but it was Bush's fault." f.. faces all of them.

I have done this in the past, but I posted on CB BEFORE the War where I thought it was a bad idea.

Now that we're in this clusterfuck, I'm not certain what to do. And nobody has posited a good answer yet.

Snipe can't see the weaknesses of his own positions. I know my weaknesses, as my choices are limited and governed by the even weaker options of the opposition. Most of our political choices are screwed up, it's devil's choice by which one you wish to die.
Linking me to Che is easy. He was captured and executed in Vallegrande, Bolivia. I served in Vallegrande during the second year of my mission.

Linking you and Snipe is equally easy.

I will digress because I see that SnipeTalk sets off your profanity button.

PS For fun, I tried to link myself to Hitler but couldnt seem to do it. The closest I got was his Beer Hall Putsch and my ability to dominate the old video game, "Tapper."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post

OK, fair enough.

My misinformation.

Sorry, Archaea.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
with the GOP, if Romney goes down because of his Mormonism?

The parties are actually not that far apart. You can find anti-abortion dem candidates. Pro-gun dems. Anti-gay marriage dems. Small-govt. dems.

It would be too bad if the dem party in Utah in particular can't capitolize on this bigotry to point out that many are mindlessly cozying up to people who hate them.
LMAO. Classic Waters. Sure, there's certain Repubs that are bigots towards Mormons. That's better than the Dems that are bigots towards ALL organized religions! Bill Maher comes to mind, for example.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Linking me to Che is easy. He was captured and executed in Vallegrande, Bolivia. I served in Vallegrande during the second year of my mission.

Linking you and Snipe is equally easy.

I will digress because I see that SnipeTalk sets off your profanity button.

PS For fun, I tried to link myself to Hitler but couldnt seem to do it. The closest I got was his Beer Hall Putsch and my ability to dominate the old video game, "Tapper."
Wow, this board has dropped to a new low. Calling out people and telling them they are like Snipe. I think Waters should put you in the corner for a little while.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote