cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Corky's is closest to us, so I usually go there, and I like it. Given that Corky's has gone a little commercial, a lot of folks here are down on it a bit. The Commisary in Germantown is very good. I haven't gone to the Rendevous yet. It's downtown and I don't get down there all that much.
Danimal and I were not impressed with the Rendezvous. We preferred Corky's, as commercial as it is. We never got around to trying it, but friends told us that Pig 'n a Whistle (or maybe it was the Three Little Pigs) on South White Station Rd has the best pulled pork sandwiches around. Of course, if I am going out to eat I would take Thai or Indian any day over BBQ. I only ate BBQ when people came into town to visit.

Last edited by marsupial; 01-21-2008 at 05:05 PM.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #22
marsupial

I also had Neely's once at a party. That's supposed to be pretty dang good. Really, I am not a very good judge when it comes to this kind of food. It didn't taste any different from the others I have tried.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #23
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I've been to all three and think they are great. The sausage, cheese and peppers plate from The Commisary is an arteries' dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
We preferred Corky's, as commercial as it is. We never got around to trying it, but friends told us that Pig 'n a Whistle (or maybe it was the Three Little Pigs) on South White Station Rd has the best pulled pork sandwiches around.
Quote:
I also had Neely's once at a party. That's supposed to be pretty dang good.
Great suggestions. I would love to find that "out of the way" place that everyone loves, but haven't yet.

Did you ever get a chance to eat at Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #24
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
I also had Neely's once at a party. That's supposed to be pretty dang good. Really, I am not a very good judge when it comes to this kind of food. It didn't taste any different from the others I have tried.
The Neely's are getting their own Food Network Show.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
marsupial

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Great suggestions. I would love to find that "out of the way" place that everyone loves, but haven't yet.

Did you ever get a chance to eat at Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken?
I think danimal has. One of the guys he shared an office with always raved about it. I never had it. It took me a long time to acquire a taste for ribs. Maybe I'll eventually enjoy fried chicken too.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #26
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am in suburban Memphis now, but presently without a car. I left mine in San Diego because my work is sending me out there in two weeks, for a two-week trip. Afterwards I am planning on spending a week driving back, hitting nine temples along the way and other historical sites such as the Alamo. So how about this: sometime in late February, we'll get together for some BBQ!
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
marsupial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Well I am in suburban Memphis now, but presently without a car. I left mine in San Diego because my work is sending me out there in two weeks, for a two-week trip. Afterwards I am planning on spending a week driving back, hitting nine temples along the way and other historical sites such as the Alamo. So how about this: sometime in late February, we'll get together for some BBQ!
How can you survive without a car in Southaven?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Quote:
How can you survive without a car in Southaven?
Ha that's a good question. I have a bike, and tomorrow was planning on returning my rental truck to Olive Branch and then biking it home, about 12 miles.

But now suddenly I remembered that outside of Southern California, the rest of the nation experiences actual winters, and tonight's forecast is for a freezing rain / ice storm.

I have a credit with Enterprise, looks like I'll be using it on a weekly rental....
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #29
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Quote:
The other day on the Travel Channel, they rated the nation's best BBQ as:

Memphis (45 points)
Texas (30 points)
St. Louis (27 points)
Kansas City (15 points)

And within Memphis, they ranked the top 3:
1) Neely's Interstate
2) Rendezvous
3) Corky's

So I went to Neely's Interstate for lunch today and let me tell you, I don't want to eat BBQ anywhere else. I'll just keep going back there over and over.