cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
It isn't Paul that should cause concern, I agree. It is the vote that went to Huckabee.
So we're really talking about 11% here. Not really significant.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Democratic party chairman Howard Dean disagrees with Cali. He thinks the democrats are killing themselves. What are the odds Clinton will drop out after June 3?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...2MO-AD90ASDIO0

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #23
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The media is so enjoying the prolonged Dem race that they haven't stopped to notice that McCain only received 73% of the vote in the Republican primary. 27% of Pennsylvanians (over 200,000 voters) went to the polls just to vote AGAINST the guy who was guaranteed to win the nomination.

Republicans are going to be sorely disappointed in November. Particularly those like Myboynoah who think the Dems are throwing this thing away.
Who do I thank for being called out like this? You like me, you really like me.

Talk to my former boss, a died-in-the-wool Dem from Pittsburgh. He's sure the Dems are throwing this thing away. Of course, he's now a resident of Florida. Dems got bigger problems there.

I've always said Obama is a high risk candidate for the Dems. I stand by that.

Instead of finding obsure facts about Repub turnout in a state primary that means nothing, you might want to concentrate on these polls:

Just after spending a gazillion dollars in Penn, Obama trails McCain in the latest polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-244.html

After spending a gazillion dollars in Ohio a few weeks back, Obama still trails McCain:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-400.html

Florida is no contest (C'mon Obama, enfranchise the disenfranchised):

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-418.html

McCain remains in statistical dead heats with Obama in Michigan and Massachusetts (of all places).

A lot of water yet to go under the bridge. Right now I'm enjoying the 24-7 coverage of Rev. Jerimiah "Goddamn America" Wright's "Obama's Just a Politician" tour.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Who do I thank for being called out like this? You like me, you really like me.

Talk to my former boss, a died-in-the-wool Dem from Pittsburgh. He's sure the Dems are throwing this thing away. Of course, he's now a resident of Florida. Dems got bigger problems there.

I've always said Obama is a high risk candidate for the Dems. I stand by that.

Instead of finding obsure facts about Repub turnout in a state primary that means nothing, you might want to concentrate on these polls:

Just after spending a gazillion dollars in Penn, Obama trails McCain in the latest polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-244.html

After spending a gazillion dollars in Ohio a few weeks back, Obama still trails McCain:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-400.html

Florida is no contest (C'mon Obama, enfranchise the disenfranchised):

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-418.html

McCain remains in statistical dead heats with Obama in Michigan and Massachusetts (of all places).

A lot of water yet to go under the bridge. Right now I'm enjoying the 24-7 coverage of Rev. Jerimiah "Goddamn America" Wright's "Obama's Just a Politician" tour.
I think Hillary needs to press on to the bitter end, right through the convention. She can't let her people down. You go girl.

—Paul Auster
Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #25
SeattleUte

Noah is a wonder. A GS-17 who's a republican. I've never seen one before.

—Paul Auster
Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Noah is a wonder. A GS-17 who's a republican. I've never seen one before.
You insult me beyond your ability to understand.

Do not call me GS!

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think Hillary needs to press on to the bitter end, right through the convention. She can't let her people down. You go girl.

I endorse this post. Hillary should show she's no quitter and fight like there's no tomorrow. Heck even after the convention she should campaign against Obama.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #28
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Democratic party chairman Howard Dean disagrees with Cali. He thinks the democrats are killing themselves. What are the odds Clinton will drop out after June 3?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...2MO-AD90ASDIO0
No, he thinks they will kill themselves if they don't get it resolved after the primaries end. They will resolve it then, so they won't kill themselves. Problem solved.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #29
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default It will come down to the lesser of two evils

Quote:
What spin? Did he or did he not lose 27% of the vote in a race against nobody?

And yes, Obama strategists would be much happier if Wright would stop talking. Better it happen now than October.
in November. The republicans will vote for McCain. Many Obama supporters will not vote for Clinton and vice versa.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #30
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Vote for a Dem? No. Stay home? Yes.
How many Obama supporters will stay home or vote for McCain if Mrs. Clinton gets the nomination?

How many Clinton supporters will stay home or vote for McCain if Obama gets the nomination.

I don't think this hurts McCain as much as losing the nomination would hurt either Dem candidate.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote