cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Civil libertarians are never popular. Most people want their liberties taken away.
You are ever the tragic hero.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

At least Waters has been consistent. Where's exUte been since this revelation? I wonder if he's torn up his ACLU membership card.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #23
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
At least Waters has been consistent. Where's exUte been since this revelation? I wonder if he's torn up his ACLU membership card.
He is busy stabbing out his eyes and renting his clothes whilst shouting at the heavens.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #24
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Its no fun to beat up on exUte. Even when he comes to a correct conclusion, there is no way to have any confidence that it was the result of a correct analysis.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I'm betting the info is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695274633,00.html

"A total of 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 are in state custody after a raid 3 1/2 weeks ago at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado. Of those girls, 31 either have children or are pregnant, said Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar. Two of those are pregnant now, he said; it was unclear whether either of those two already have children."

The FLDS don't deserve to keep their kids unless they're willing to leave the sect. The sect is obviously pushing underage marriage in a very big way. I had no idea the underage marriage was THIS widespread. And the FLDS women are lying to the media about having no knowledge of underage marriage.
The stories and numbers keep changing from CPS. We'll see. Milk shakes to everyone in the SLC area if this turns out to be the truth.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
exUte

Default sorry, I had to get some work

Quote:
done. Found out that part of my deck at the cabin collapsed under the heavy snows. I know that the term 'work' is foreign to some. But I did respond.

Did you believe the authorities when they said 10,000 people died during Katrina? How about 100,000 buried in mass graves in Kosovo?

Plus, I have always supporting going after the perpetrators of sexual abuse. Where is the inconsistency?

Are you having a Howard Dean day?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #27
exUte

Default Remember, until just recently, the brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695274633,00.html

"A total of 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 are in state custody after a raid 3 1/2 weeks ago at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado. Of those girls, 31 either have children or are pregnant, said Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar. Two of those are pregnant now, he said; it was unclear whether either of those two already have children."

The FLDS don't deserve to keep their kids unless they're willing to leave the sect. The sect is obviously pushing underage marriage in a very big way. I had no idea the underage marriage was THIS widespread. And the FLDS women are lying to the media about having no knowledge of underage marriage.
Texans had a law on the books that allowed for 14 year olds to marry with the consent of their parents. They raised it to 16 within the last 2 years.

My suggestions is that ALL states raise the age of marriage to at least 16; yet many still allow 14 year olds to marry with a friggin court order.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #28
exUte

Default I know. As a U graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Its no fun to beat up on exUte. Even when he comes to a correct conclusion, there is no way to have any confidence that it was the result of a correct analysis.
you have stumble across the correct results.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #29
exUte

Default Are you standing by the 'facts'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
He is busy stabbing out his eyes and renting his clothes whilst shouting at the heavens.
as reported by the DesNews?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
Are you arguing that boys living in homes where the rape of girls is systematically taking place are not in "imminent danger?" I hope that is not what you are arguing, because that is a moronic point. They may not be in danger of getting raped, but exposing children to certain criminal activities, especially when the intent is to normalize those criminal behaviors, IS IMMINENTLY DANGEROUS.

There may be some gray area here. Not all crimes rise to the level where I would deny parents custody of their children because of the parents' behavior, but murder and RAPE are obvious examples of where this should apply.
your hyperbole and lack of legal thought are not worth responding to. I suggest you ask someone in private to answer your questions, so you can avoid further embarrassment.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote