cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #21
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
That explains a lot.

And what are these extreme cases?
You, sometimes.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #22
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
You, sometimes.
So.... it's not so much what is said but who says it?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #23
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
So.... it's not so much what is said but who says it?
No. Not at all. For example, Rocky and I have a long history of butting heads but he often makes some good posts and I like to give him credit when he does. And I like fusnik. I just had to bust his balls there a bit.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #24
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
No. Not at all. For example, Rocky and I have a long history of butting heads but he often makes some good posts and I like to give him credit when he does. And I like fusnik. I just had to bust his balls there a bit.
Oh. So what's the anatomy of a troll post that bothers you? Just for purely academic reasons, of course.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #25
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
here are the facts i have learned about him:

1. He went on a mission, was married in the temple and went to BYU.

2. He no longer attends church, teaches his kids at home, no longer wears garments and no longer goes to the temple.

3. Told me that the gospel is perfect the church is not.

4. Broke off from the LDS church when he lived in Ephraim with a small group of people and started a different version of the LDS faith. (someone else told me this not him)

5. believes the book of mormon is true even talks about it from time to time.

6. Is definitely an intellectual his favorite book is Atlas Shrugged loves Rand, talks a lot about philosophy, capitalism, and other things that intellectuals talk about .

7. His wife is really hot and i dont think he would want to share her, he told me they dont believe in polygamy here on earth but they do in the afterlife.
Sterling Allen the previous Presidential candidate?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #26
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:

2. He no longer attends church, teaches his kids at home, no longer wears garments and no longer goes to the temple.

4. Broke off from the LDS church when he lived in Ephraim with a small group of people and started a different version of the LDS faith. (someone else told me this not him)

6. Is definitely an intellectual his favorite book is Atlas Shrugged loves Rand, talks a lot about philosophy, capitalism, and other things that intellectuals talk about .

7. His wife is really hot and i dont think he would want to share her, he told me they dont believe in polygamy here on earth but they do in the afterlife.
Is it just me, or is it odd that you know all this about the religion of your new boss? I could maybe understand if it was a person you've worked with for a long time, but in the workplace who gives a lick about what anyone else's religious ideas are? Did he tell you all this or was it accumulated from co-workers, etc.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #27
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sanpete County is a hotbed of Mormon fundamentalistm. I've heard that 10-20% of the Mormon population is fundy.

And no, I don't have a link, but having met alot of Sanpeters (ha ha, Sanpeters, I like that), I believe it.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #28
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Is it just me, or is it odd that you know all this about the religion of your new boss? I could maybe understand if it was a person you've worked with for a long time, but in the workplace who gives a lick about what anyone else's religious ideas are? Did he tell you all this or was it accumulated from co-workers, etc.
You learn a lot about a man during a round of golf.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #29
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You learn a lot about a man during a round of golf.
Personally, I hear many references to various dieties uttered on the golf course but rarely details about the players' religious beliefs. Then again I often play with ivory tower intellectuals on the University course.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #30
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Personally, I hear many references to various dieties uttered on the golf course but rarely details about the players' religious beliefs. Then again I often play with ivory tower intellectuals on the University course.
Dude, I'll bet that is nipple hardening fun. The band aids covering up those vicious paper cuts must play havoc on one's touch game.