cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't know you enough to know at what point you would stop. If you truly harbor hate which you pretend now and then, maybe you're capable of that. If the hateful spiel, is just a spiel, then I doubt it.
The hate you imagine is only in your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I don't believe anyone opted out of following Lee's orders, so if 100% of them did it, it's probably safe to say nearly 100% of us would have done it.

It's a totally different culture and environment today. So it's very difficult to put ourselves in their shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I am not trying to justify their behavior or their decisions, which were horrible and unthinkably cruel. But I think it is impossible for us to truly understand what they were feeling or thinking, as they had endured so many things and were in such a difficult spot, from their point of view, that their calculations cannot be recreated by us.
I agree with both of these. The difference in lifestyle and history is so stark it's nearly impossible to truly get inside their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
A meaningful post.

It is just hard for me to fathom shooting unarmed persons, especially women and children. That said, I can somehow imagine how a group could be whooped up into a fever.
I also agree with this. It is incomprehensible to me to think of Gordon Hinckley giving me a phone call and ordering me to go out and massacre a small elementary school.

Just different times we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon
I've always called Sunday School the SS. That makes someone the "SS President." Nobody ever chuckles but me.
If it makes you feel any better, I think it's funny.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote