cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #361
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Cali ,just because its you ....do you ever happen to think of Israel WITHOUT Zionism? its all what i am talking about. facile enough to digest?
And what right does Iran cite to tell Israel what form of government they should have? Should the US tell Iran to eliminate its theocracy?

Don't be daft- this certainly isn't what Ahmadinejad is talking about either (note his use of the word "Israel" rather than "Zionism" when talking about what should vanish from the pages of time).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #362
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
What evidence do you want to verify my claim? I thought it was all pretty clear on its face. Do you want a picture of our soldiers in uniform and a picture of the terrorists not in uniform? Do you want Department of Defense regulations that specify the rules of engagement? Do you want court transcripts of soldiers who have harmed civilians without good cause and then been sent to prison for it following a court martial? Do you want videotapes of suicide bombers describing what they plan on doing before they go and jump on a school bus or blow up in a crowded market filled with women and children? Don't pretend they are at all the same. They aren't. I am certain you know they have nothing in common and are resorting to this argument as the last line of defense in your crumbling thesis.

Having a large budget does not mean you only target enemy combatants, yet the US has chosen to do just that. Having a limited budget does not mean you target women and children, yet terrorists (and that is exactly what they are) have chosen to do just that. A bigger budget would only exacerbate the sick tendencies of the terrorists (as terrorists all over the world have repeatedly shown by purchasing chemical weapons to use on civilian populations or to fly airplanes into buildings).
These are not the sort of evidences i would like you to share ,but thanks for the info .However picking up a good looking soldier in the uniform as an avatar would be refreshing.
The evidences ought to tell us that these people have any other ways to turn in dealing with fully armed invading soldiers,but sticking to suicide bombing nevertheless. ( I am certainly not talking about "Al-qaeda ,CIA or Mossad." terrorists .who dare talk about the most sophisticated terrorist network organizations operating all around the world any way?)
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #363
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And what right does Iran cite to tell Israel what form of government they should have? Should the US tell Iran to eliminate its theocracy?
No one has the right to interfere in other's nation as long as the government is elected or accepted by people. look at who is talking about the right? the irony is killing here. who gave you the right to invade the country which had nothing to do with your so-called war on terror ,occupying their lands for more than five years and bringing so many harms to the people and the and the country ,leave alone the region.but oh ,wait you are above the law

Quote:
Don't be daft- this certainly isn't what Ahmadinejad is talking about either (note his use of the word "Israel" rather than "Zionism" when talking about what should vanish from the pages of time).
Thats because the current Israeli regime is Zionism representative.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #364
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Exactly. And if a Jew says he is anti-Zionism, he is savaged and reviled.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #365
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Mike, you might enjoy this article. I actually agree with most or much of what this "anti-Zionist" "apostate" is saying about his country and its future.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...printable=true

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #366
Cali Coug

Quote:
These are not the sort of evidences i would like you to share ,but thanks for the info .However picking up a good looking soldier in the uniform as an avatar would be refreshing.
The evidences ought to tell us that these people have any other ways to turn in dealing with fully armed invading soldiers,but sticking to suicide bombing nevertheless. ( I am certainly not talking about "Al-qaeda ,CIA or Mossad." terrorists .who dare talk about the most sophisticated terrorist network organizations operating all around the world any way?)
Of course there are other options. Suicide bombers aren't targeting the US troops, they are targeting civilian populations (with rare exceptions). In other words, if they are using it as an avenue to harm the US soldiers, they apparently aren't very good at distinguishing a US soldier from a bus full of children.

The "evidence" it seems you are after is common sense. Here are other options:

Guerilla warfare
Roadside bombs
Snipers
Rocket attacks on military installations
etc.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 AM   #367
Cali Coug

Quote:
No one has the right to interfere in other's nation as long as the government is elected or accepted by people. look at who is talking about the right? the irony is killing here. who gave you the right to invade the country which had nothing to do with your so-called war on terror ,occupying their lands for more than five years and bringing so many harms to the people and the and the country ,leave alone the region.but oh ,wait you are above the law

I don't support the Iraq invasion, but I would argue that if the US had valid intelligence that Hussein posed a direct threat to US security, of course the US would have the right to invade. Iran would as well.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. You keep wanting to change the subject (because you don't have very good arguments). If the US is wrong to invade Iraq, as you claim, then it certainly isn't an example of what Iran should do to Israel. You seem to be arguing that two wrongs make a right. How does that make any sense?

Alternatively, if the US did have a just reason for the invasion (a threat to our national security), then Iran would as well if Israel posed a direct threat to Iran. But that isn't the case either. Iran is the nation acting as the aggressor (as we noted at the beginning of this thread, and as you have noted with your calls to destroy Zionism within Israel). The foundation for your argument is crumbling beneath your feet.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 AM   #368
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I don't support the Iraq invasion, but I would argue that if the US had valid intelligence that Hussein posed a direct threat to US security, of course the US would have the right to invade. Iran would as well.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. You keep wanting to change the subject (because you don't have very good arguments). If the US is wrong to invade Iraq, as you claim, then it certainly isn't an example of what Iran should do to Israel. You seem to be arguing that two wrongs make a right. How does that make any sense?

Alternatively, if the US did have a just reason for the invasion (a threat to our national security), then Iran would as well if Israel posed a direct threat to Iran. But that isn't the case either. Iran is the nation acting as the aggressor (as we noted at the beginning of this thread, and as you have noted with your calls to destroy Zionism within Israel). The foundation for your argument is crumbling beneath your feet.
it was wrong to invade Iraq, even with what we thought we knew.

Liberal chicken hawk strikes again. And no I'm not trolling. I literally think you're an idiot.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #369
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
it was wrong to invade Iraq, even with what we thought we knew.

Liberal chicken hawk strikes again. And no I'm not trolling. I literally think you're an idiot.
If you thought I was smart, I would be really concerned.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #370
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Mike, you might enjoy this article. I actually agree with most or much of what this "anti-Zionist" "apostate" is saying about his country and its future.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...printable=true
Yeah that was a good article. I really do take heart that there are fair-minded moral Jews who see the current state of Israel as absolutely morally untenable and damning.