cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #31
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
He equated homosexuality with polygamy as well. When will these attacks on our religion cease?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #32
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
How was it false? Did he not use "man on dog" as part of his slippery slope argument? Huck basically did the same thing. Apparently "consenting adults" is a concept that a lot of Republicans don't get.
It's as I thought. He said the same thing (roughly) that Santorum said, and it's being misunderstood.

He did not "equate" those different types of sexual deviancy. He said if we recognize one, we have to recognize them all. Or in other words, that the argument made for one to be legitimized is the same as the argument made for another.

That's different than saying the acts themselves are the same thing.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #33
myboynoah

Let me bring the thread back to topic.

The Florida Intrade Quotes suddently went Romney's way this morning, currently Romney 46 McCain 40. This doesn't seem to coorelate with any of the poll data on RealClearPolitics. I wonder what is happening. Is McCain showing signs of senility by mixing up Germany with Russia or something? Maybe something will come out later to explain this.

Am I too into this?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...imary-260.html

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #34
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post

The Florida Intrade Quotes suddently went Romney's way this morning, currently Romney 46 McCain 40. This doesn't seem to coorelate with any of the poll data on RealClearPolitics. I wonder what is happening. Is McCain showing signs of senility by mixing up Germany with Russia or something? Maybe something will come out later to explain this.

Am I too into this?

Why can't Romney put this flea bitten field away? Says a lot.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #35
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I hope you're not always this premature.

Intrade Quotes at Romney 47 McCain 41 for Florida. A new Rasmussen poll is due out any minute. I wonder if the traders got some early info.

Hold your fire 'til you see the whites of her eyes SU.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post

Am I too into this?

Is it possible intrade is not leading but following? Intrade seemed to take a long time to react to the Rasmussen poll the other day showing Romney five over McCain, and also didn't seem to react to Thompson announcement. Maybe due to low trading volumes, intrade is not as efficient as we think?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #37
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm getting a kick out of SU lately.

Romney and his punk, hick religion is in great position to win Republican nomination for president. (What a simple feat!! Anybody should be able to do it!!) But he's a loser for not doing more easily. Like telling the Patriots they suck because they had a couple interceptions last week.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Is it possible intrade is not leading but following? Intrade seemed to take a long time to react to the Rasmussen poll the other day showing Romney five over McCain, and also didn't seem to react to Thompson announcement. Maybe due to low trading volumes, intrade is not as efficient as we think?
Intrade is best described as "prevailing conventional wisdom". Which of course doesn't always match reality.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #39
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Romney=the Patriots? A bit premature, don't you think? Maybe the Seahawks in their flea bitten division would be a better analogy.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure what the big deal is about a 3% win in Florida where the winner only gets 25%.

This is really a case of the GOP electorate being disgusted with their choices.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote