cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why do women like/care about football?

Posted this on CB...so, for you that don't frequent there any longer...

I was wondering about this. Football is a game that they don't play, and yet there are thousands of females in the stands.

So, thinking from a guys point of view, and having played back in the day (HS only)...yet men 1) usually have played football some, or alot; 2) understand the physicality of the game and how hard it is to play 3) understand the strategy and coaching; 4) understand the rules; 5) can relate to the discipline needed etc; ...and on and on.

Without the understanding of those types of things...it would be hard for me to be a fan of any sport...not having experienced it or played it.

Kind of like hockey for me. I think I would have loooved to play hockey. Been to a few NHL games and thought they were fun...but, I'm not passionate about it, nor do I seek out info, or make a point to support it.

So...why do females like football?