cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #31
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I am Mormon. I am anti-dog. I am also anti-cat. Anti-rodent. Anti-bird. Anti-reptile. Anti-amphibian. Fish are okay.

Gidget says if there was one thing that she would make her hesitate in marrying me again, it's the fact that I won't have house pets. I hate pets. I grew up with animals. I've had dogs, cats, turtles, rabbits, hamsters, and fish. I just hate animal hair. I hate animal smells. I hate picking up my animals poop. Pets are a ton of work and expensive. The enjoyment and satisfaction I have received from pets is minute compared to the stress and labor of owning one in my experience.
AMEN...

Sometimes I'll see someone with a big cool dog and wonder a little about my position. But then I think about the big very uncool duke that dog makes and I'm right back where I belong.

If I want what pets offer, I'll have another kid. And I don't want another kid.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:25 AM   #32
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Me too. They have great trade value, I have heard.
Get a Golden and good things happen.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #33
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...I'm surprised at the number of people that don't like dogs. I've had a dog every day of my life. Our latest one is named Jenny, she's a Black Lab/Dalmation mutt that we saved from the pound.

A few years back she was in the backyard with my daughter, who was two at the time. A guy showed up to mark the utility lines in our yard for some digging I was going to do, and the dog hauled butt from the other side of the yard, got between the guy and my daughter and started barking like crazy. She's awesome.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:53 AM   #34
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I swear the story is accurate, as I was the one driving and pronounced the choice inspired. Had I named the dog after a Ute favorite, he would answer to the name, "Kaneshiro."

The problem with naming your pet after Kaneshiro is that you'd never be able to train him to be accurate when you need him to pee on your neighbor's lawn. He'd even miss the hydrant and hit your leg.

No, you folks gave him the right name.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:01 AM   #35
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Wow...I'm surprised at the number of people that don't like dogs. I've had a dog every day of my life.
Me too, you anti-doggers suck.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:08 AM   #36
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Me too, you anti-doggers suck.
I never thought I'd see Gidget go to the "you suck" card. Sister Bertrille, maybe, but not Gidget!

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #37
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The experience of seeing a dog from puppyhood to adulthood and finally to death is one of the most sublime experiences on earth if done correctly.

A man who has not loved a dog, and been loved in return, is not yet a man.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:19 AM   #38
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have been soaking in epsom salt hoping my balls will drop. I'll just go to the pound now instead.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #39
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

[quote=MikeWaters;255311]The experience of seeing a dog from puppyhood to adulthood and finally to death is one of the most sublime experiences on earth if done correctly.[quote]

Agreed. It was extremely difficult for us when we had to put down our beloved lab two years ago, but the 14 years we had with her were wonderful.

Quote:
Are these some of the lost lyrics of Blowing in the Wind?

Old 08-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #40
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The experience of seeing a dog from puppyhood to adulthood and finally to death is one of the most sublime experiences on earth if done correctly.

We had a Cocker Spaniel named Taffy when I was growing up. We got her when I was 5, and I think she was 2 or 3 when we got her. Anyway, a couple of weeks after I got home from my mission, my dad had her put to sleep. In her life she had been through two cancer surgeries, been hit by a car, and at the end went totally blind and stopped eating. My dad brought her home from the vet in a box, and it's the one time in my life that I've seen him in a full-on, sobbing cry. He lost it. We buried her in their back yard. I still miss that dog.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote