cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #31
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat
Default Not saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
She was in the Celestial Kingdom?
Do you know where she was exactly when she conceived HF's son? The point is if HF could "father" a physical child, why wouldn't the same thing be possible in the CK?
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

You guys are weird.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #33
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You guys are weird.
Yeah, wanting to know if one will have the ability to have sex in the after life is real weird. I'd say the weirdos are the ones that don't care.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #34
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I may have shared this before but on my mission I encountered an interesting man of wealth whose family owned Zion Communications. He belonged to a church that held such beliefs as pre-destination. Very smart and well-read and been through the LDS standard works. He brought up Celestial sex one day and I said, "Cool huh?"

He thought it was blasphemy of course and thought the very idea was absurd and outrageous. So I asked what he would rather do in heaven. And he replied that he could think of nothing he'd rather do than adore and praise God as an angel. So I told him, "Excellent! You can be mine."

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #35
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Yeah, wanting to know if one will have the ability to have sex in the after life is real weird. I'd say the weirdos are the ones that don't care.
I wouldn't say that. I'd say that if one is wondering about sex in the afterlife, one probably has sex a bit too high on his priority list.

I've never even thought about this. In fact, I never would have even thought of thinking about this until you brought it up.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #36
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have no idea whether or not sexual intercourse will be part of the ongoings in the CK or not. It's entirely possible it will. It's also entirely possible that a resurrected being simply doesn't have that same drive.

Maybe it changes into something like that swimming pool scene from Cocoon.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:02 AM   #37
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you know where she was exactly when she conceived HF's son? The point is if HF could "father" a physical child, why wouldn't the same thing be possible in the CK?
Your underlying assumption is that HF fathered the child in the same way you father a child. That assumption may very well be faulty. The Book of Mormon teaches that she conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost (Alma 7:10). I think the leap from "conceiving by the power of the Holy Ghost" to "fathering a child in the same manner as you or I" is a mighty big one.

I'm not saying that it is faulty, I'm just saying it may be faulty and that no one knows for sure. So, if Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost, which may be entirely different from the manner in which you and I were conceived, how can you be so sure that the manner in which you have "eternal increase" in the Celestial kingdom is the same manner as how you conceive children now?
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #38
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road
Default I'm think we should refer to the writings

of Mary or Joseph. What's that you say? There aren't any? Personally, I think Mary boned some dude, but didn't want to get stoned to death so she made it all up. Seriously though, the whole thing sounds very fishy to me. The story was written way after it supposedly happened by people who weren't there when the conception took place. That leaves more than a little room for embellishment.

As for sex in the CK - I'll let you guys know when I get there.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #39
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
I can honestly say I've never spent any energy worrying about sex in the afterlife.

Yes, you are bizarre as hell.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #40
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I can honestly say I've never spent any energy worrying about sex in the afterlife.

Yes, you are bizarre as hell.
Who said anything about "worrying" about it? I said care about it. If you don't care about it, you're either not getting any, or not doing it right.