cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #31
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Sorry, I was not clear.

Each person comes for about an hour and does her thing--3 total manhours. So it actually works out to about $8-9 per hour. Often, they are there for less than the 3 hours, esp if they all show up at the same time.

If you think about it, if your task was to empty the trashes and dust the windowsills, that isnt going to take you an hour. We live in a small 3 bedroom townhouse. The woman who does the mop on the wood floor takes the longest. the other 2 tend to breeze through pretty efficiently.
OK. That sounds more like it.

I have suggested this to my wife a few times. She said "absolutely not". She was raised on a farm and thinks our kids don't get enough work as it is.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #32
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
OK. That sounds more like it.

I have suggested this to my wife a few times. She said "absolutely not". She was raised on a farm and thinks our kids don't get enough work as it is.
I support the child-slave-labor position. Why else have kids, than to make them do your work for you?
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #33
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I support the child-slave-labor position. Why else have kids, than to make them do your work for you?
"my work"? Hey, they aren't on scholarship.

I don't even remember the last time I mowed the lawn. It has been many years.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #34
Spaz

Quote:
"my work"? Hey, they aren't on scholarship.

I don't even remember the last time I mowed the lawn. It has been many years.
lol. I can't wait. Unfortunately, my first kid was a daughter, and everyone knows women don't mow lawns as well as men do:twisted:
Old 03-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #35
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
lol. I can't wait. Unfortunately, my first kid was a daughter, and everyone knows women don't mow lawns as well as men do:twisted:
Back when our kids were little, my wife used to ask to mow the lawn once or twice a month. She said she enjoyed the exercise. But many of the people in the neighborhood thought it was scandalous. Several women called her and told her to knock it off. They didn't want their husbands to get any ideas. Others told her that I was scum for making her mow the lawn. She just laughed it off.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Back when our kids were little, my wife used to ask to mow the lawn once or twice a month. She said she enjoyed the exercise. But many of the people in the neighborhood thought it was scandalous. Several women called her and told her to knock it off. They didn't want their husbands to get any ideas. Others told her that I was scum for making her mow the lawn. She just laughed it off.
sometimes the masses are prophets.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #37
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Once our kids are old enough, they will taking out the trash, etc.

Since they are only 3, they are not terribly helpful in that regard quite yet, hence the illegal aliens.

I think the other emotional benefit for my wife is that she views this as a recognition that she really has a LOT of work to do and that raising kids at home is really challenging work. Instead of me saying, "hey, just clean the house up...how hard can that be?," I am saying, "hey, I appreciate everything you do....let me get you some help so you can spend a little less of your time washing a countertop and a little more time hanging with the kids or finding time for yourself."

I fully support that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
sometimes the masses are prophets.
Are you opposed to women mowing their lawns once or twice a month?

I thought it was standard practice?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #39
Spaz

Quote:
My wife used to buy off her little brother to mow the lawn, before she moved away from her parent's home. I can't imagine her actually asking to mow the lawn.

But good for your wife. Personally, I'd've just given women telling her that the finger (when my wife wasn't looking, of course), but maybe you're less antagonistic towards your neighbors than I am.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #40
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Once our kids are old enough, they will taking out the trash, etc.

Since they are only 3, they are not terribly helpful in that regard quite yet, hence the illegal aliens.

I think the other emotional benefit for my wife is that she views this as a recognition that she really has a LOT of work to do and that raising kids at home is really challenging work. Instead of me saying, "hey, just clean the house up...how hard can that be?," I am saying, "hey, I appreciate everything you do....let me get you some help so you can spend a little less of your time washing a countertop and a little more time hanging with the kids or finding time for yourself."

I fully support that.
My goodness, a mother of triplets should get every break possible. Good for you, DDD.