cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

At the age of 40, Juanita Brooks had 4 kids under the age of 5 (or maybe it was 5 and under).

Her diary entry disaparaing sex was at the beginning of this period of birthing, when she had just married her second husband.

My point is, maybe she changed her mind later.

The book does point out that Will Brooks had fake teeth, and that Juanita found his breath repulsive.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Wouldn't the argument be the opposite? If they were independent enough to take themselves outside of societal expectations, which reflects a confident sense of self, then wouldn't they be more in touch with themselves, including sexually? You know, maybe they just didn't have good lovers with whom they jived, or maybe their intellecutal pursuits were the recipients of most of their passion -- the thrill of the written product, of breaking new ground, of intellectual satisfaction, was their pleasure, their thrill, and they had less need for sex.
Excellent.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #33
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Excellent.
wasn't excellent for Brodie. Her cold fish-ness may have led her husband to his affair, which caused a lot of pain for Brodie.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #34
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
wasn't excellent for Brodie. Her cold fish-ness may have led her husband to his affair, which caused a lot of pain for Brodie.
I agree. I was complimenting the post. Not Brodie's choices in this regard.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #35
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
The sixth printing was in 2007. I found this review on Amazon in about 10 seconds (be sure to notice the name of the reviewer):

0 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
Timeless Wisdom, January 18, 2008
By Inion Wilton "Mormon Hearthkeeper" (Argyle, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fascinating Womanhood (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is priceless. The wisdom contained within it's pages is a recipe for marital and personal happiness and fulfillment. It is unfortunate that it's message will be rejected by so many women who yearn for the peace and happiness it promises.

This book may seem full of 'old fashioned' notions about men and women, but I, with so many other thousands of women, know that these ideals are not outmoded, and are desperatly needed by so many more!

I recommend this book to any woman I meet who is unhappy in their marriage or significant relationship. It is the key to unlocking the door to heaven!
could you give a review of the book? I have no idea what it's about and this review you cite doesn't exactly say much.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote