cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #41
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Sadly for McCain... Who would you vote for, McCain or Obama? Obama: 46% McCain: 44%

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_c...tch_up_history
Looks like McCain is back on top: 46-45%. How inconvenient for your argument.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #42
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Looks like McCain is back on top: 46-45%. How inconvenient for your argument.
Actually the day my post was posted, Obama led McCain: Obama 46%/McCain 44%. Let's compare apples to apples, Tex.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #43
Tex

Quote:
Actually the day my post was posted, Obama led McCain: Obama 46%/McCain 44%. Let's compare apples to apples, Tex.
Why? Isn't the point of my post that McCain is doing better in the polls? Then let's look at the most recent. McCain is currently winning nationally.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #44
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys crack me up. Obama up 46-44. McCain up 45-44.

It's a wash and goes back and forth right now as it will continue to do so until the GE. Unless of course Rev Wright reveals that Obama actually wrote the "God Damn America" sermon.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #45
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
You guys crack me up. Obama up 46-44. McCain up 45-44.

It's a wash and goes back and forth right now as it will continue to do so until the GE. Unless of course Rev Wright reveals that Obama actually wrote the "God Damn America" sermon.
I agree. I've been playing along for Cali's benefit. Polls right now are generally meaningless (something I've said repeatedly ... check it!), but since he seems to put so much stock in them, I cited a few.

Oh, McCain is now up three, 46-43.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #46
Cali Coug

McCain once again showing why I can't wait for his debate with Obama on foreign policy. McCain doesn't have a clue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...i_n_99866.html

Even conservatives are questioning his foreign policy credentials. Michael Smerconish has recently criticized McCain's lack of creativity and boldness in dealing with Pakistan (noting that Obama's position is much stronger and superior), stating that "McCain has said he will follow bin Laden to the gates of Hell. I just want him to follow bin Laden to the gates of Pakistan!"

Bring that debate on.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #47
Tex

Quote:
McCain once again showing why I can't wait for his debate with Obama on foreign policy. McCain doesn't have a clue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...i_n_99866.html

Even conservatives are questioning his foreign policy credentials. Michael Smerconish has recently criticized McCain's lack of creativity and boldness in dealing with Pakistan (noting that Obama's position is much stronger and superior), stating that "McCain has said he will follow bin Laden to the gates of Hell. I just want him to follow bin Laden to the gates of Pakistan!"

Bring that debate on.
This is silly. Unsurprising. Obviously oil is a component of war in the Middle East. It's what gives these people their power. Energy is a critical component of national security.

It's telling that these folks have to reduce themselves to obtuse "100-year-war" style distortions to win their points.

McCain is up on Obama, 47-43.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 AM   #48
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This is silly. Unsurprising. Obviously oil is a component of war in the Middle East. It's what gives these people their power. Energy is a critical component of national security.

It's telling that these folks have to reduce themselves to obtuse "100-year-war" style distortions to win their points.

McCain is up on Obama, 47-43.
What is silly is that he can't even seem to explain what he meant on any of the three occasions he tried to. Oil is a critical component of which war? This one? He says no, of the first Gulf War. Or was it the first Gulf War? He says no, it wasn't that one either. So which one was it? None- final answer. Except that it could have been both.

Probably just the Shiites fault. Or is it the Sunnis? Someone call Lieberman for clarification.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #49
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
Your stamina in this thread is remarkable. I totally agree with you. McCain is going to get owned in the election, and it won't be because he is old. McCain will lose because he is the inferior candidate. He is dumber, he is less charismatic, he makes more gaffs on a regular basis than either of the democrats, and the media is hardly touching him because putting him on the screen is bad for ratings.

But as much as I agree with you, I can't believe you can keep up this thread. Remarkable.
McCain makes it easy. Just wait a few more days and he will have another lapse in foreign policy.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #50
Tex

Quote:
What is silly is that he can't even seem to explain what he meant on any of the three occasions he tried to. Oil is a critical component of which war? This one? He says no, of the first Gulf War. Or was it the first Gulf War? He says no, it wasn't that one either. So which one was it? None- final answer. Except that it could have been both.

Probably just the Shiites fault. Or is it the Sunnis? Someone call Lieberman for clarification.
Heh. Sounds like a lot of typical Cali nit-picking.

One thing we can agree on, the foreign policy debates should be interesting.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young