cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #51
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Sincerely,
The AP voters
The AP voters are crying like yewts?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #52
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You should clue in Louis Sakoda. His first PAT attempt against Michigan was blocked.
It would have been blocked from 15 yards farther out regardless.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #53
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Etta's is a very stellar place. I ran into Jeff Bezos there one morning the day after I settled a big case against Amazon where he participated in the mediation. He was trying to hide behind a newspaper as he ate his brunch, but I coudn't resist walking over and saying hello and shaking his hand. Nice fellow. But I'm sure Waters would have been disgusted.
You may have recommended Etta's earlier, but I had forgotten the various recommendations we had received. So we were wandering around downtown and we asked two of those people in the bright-colored jackets whose sole function is, apparently, to help befuddled tourists like us. We asked for a great restaurant within walking distance and both of them said "Etta's." We managed to get a table and had a superb meal, including the best salad that I can remember.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #54
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
...We managed to get a table and had a superb meal, including the best salad that I can remember.
Are you like me in that I only have a salad from the drive-thru window at Wendy's to which to compare other salads?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #55
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
No equations needed there. Just common sense.

But seriously, give me the typical angle of trajectory vs. location on the field and I could do that easily.
Big guy, maybe you should show him how long a PAT is when you kick it from the 25 and the goal posts are 10 yards behind the goal line.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #56
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Put it this way, Locker threw that ball high enough to go through a 3rd story window.

Enough said.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #57
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Put it this way, Locker threw that ball high enough to go through a 3rd story window.

Enough said.
Mike, you don't need to justify the win on your own board.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #58
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Downtown Seattle last evening was gorgeous. We had a nice meal at Etta's (?), and I returned to the Space Needle for the first time since 1962 when I was 9 years old. Didn't notice any changes, other than a major price increase. Assholes.
Last evening was amazing. My friend who's a manager at Microsoft took me and a couple of ladies in his ward to Bruce Lee's grave, then to the waterfront. Had some fried oysters at Ivar's. We had a table next to the window. Being a seafood fanatic, it was heaven.

Plus since he works for MS I can get a discount at the Experience Music Project. I'm gonna go hit it tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #59
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I just got back from Seattle and didn't have the patience to read through this thread,,,but I'm sure it pretty much goes down rivalry lines concerning whether the refs impacted the game or not.

I'll recount my exact conversation with a Husky fan outside the stadium while walking back to my car:

UW Fan: "Come on...if you're the ref do you make that call?"

Me: "Me? No I don't...but I'm not the ref. But it wasn't the reason why you guys lost the game."

UW: "Oh bullshit it wasn't...what if we went for 2?"

Me: "What if the PAC-10 refs would've called the 2 obvious false starts and the obvious holding on your offense on that last drive and where our DE Ian Dulan got outright tackled by your O-lineman just has he's about to sack Locker?"

UW: "Well...we should've won...thank the refs!"

Me: "I'll be sure to send the memo to Oklahoma and Tennesse fans."

UW: "What does that mean?"

Me: "Don't you see the irony here? You...a fan of a PAC-10 team...the ONLY conference in the nation..that demands it refs do their non-conference home games,,,and that has the worst reputation officiating wise for screwing visiting teams.......and you're now complaining about your own refs costing you a game...that my friend.....that's ironic."

UW: "Yeah well.......yeah......well....hell I don't know....I'm just pissed."

Me: "I would be too.....see you in Provo in 2 years...by the way...where can I get something good to eat?"

Then he told me a great pizza place and we chatted for another 10 minutes. Pretty cool guy.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #60
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I just got back from Seattle and didn't have the patience to read through this thread,,,but I'm sure it pretty much goes down rivalry lines concerning whether the refs impacted the game or not.

I'll recount my exact conversation with a Husky fan outside the stadium while walking back to my car:

UW Fan: "Come on...if you're the ref do you make that call?"

Me: "Me? No I don't...but I'm not the ref. But it wasn't the reason why you guys lost the game."

UW: "Oh bullshit it wasn't...what if we went for 2?"

Me: "What if the PAC-10 refs would've called the 2 obvious false starts and the obvious holding on your offense on that last drive and where our DE Ian Dulan got outright tackled by your O-lineman just has he's about to sack Locker?"

UW: "Well...we should've won...thank the refs!"

Me: "I'll be sure to send the memo to Oklahoma and Tennesse fans."

UW: "What does that mean?"

Me: "Don't you see the irony here? You...a fan of a PAC-10 team...the ONLY conference in the nation..that demands it refs do their non-conference home games,,,and that has the worst reputation officiating wise for screwing visiting teams.......and you're now complaining about your own refs costing you a game...that my friend.....that's ironic."

UW: "Yeah well.......yeah......well....hell I don't know....I'm just pissed."

Me: "I would be too.....see you in Provo in 2 years...by the way...where can I get something good to eat?"

Then he told me a great pizza place and we chatted for another 10 minutes. Pretty cool guy.
Just tell me that last line of this conversation wasn't "I can't quit you."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote