cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 AM   #61
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Inasmuch as your post contains your usual amount of arrogance, ignorance, and irrelevance, I shall ignore it. Does this board have an ignore feature? I never ignored anyone in all my years on CB, but this obsession you have with me is severely decreasing my desire to participate on this forum.
So sad. Don't let the door ...

You were bashing BDB and using your usual arrogance, but it doesn't flip both ways for you, does it?

BTW, quantify and show support for your statement that "nationalism" is generally a bad thing.

Last edited by Archaea; 11-21-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #62
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
So sad. Don't let the door ...

You were bashing BDB and using your usual arrogance, but it doesn't flip both ways for you, does it?
Silence, child. The adults are talking.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 AM   #63
Archaea

Quote:
Silence, child. The adults are talking.
Va-t-en.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 AM   #64
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Finally. Thank you. Of course you must acknowledge that your opinion of my posts is subjective, and heavily influenced by experiences you've had that I had no part in, so your premature judgment of me and your belief that you had me figured out better than even I do was really, really stupid. If you think I'm not grateful, you're wrong, and I did not evince that attitude as much you think I did. Perhaps looking up "nationalism" in a dictionary might help you. Very few people consider nationalism a good thing, which is one of the reasons I am confused by the hostility.

One can be patriotic without being nationalistic, and without thinking that brainwashing our youth through the recitation of silly oaths is a good idea. I'm sorry that you insisted on a binary outlook. I hope that I have enlightened you somewhat.
Of course it's subjective, that goes without saying. Because you find my conclusions offensive doesn't mean they're stupid. You just don't agree, and that's certainly your perrogative.

I'm very well aware of nationalism is, my assumption was that you do not, and were confusing it with patriotism. My mistake, and you have my apology.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 AM   #65
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Of course it's subjective, that goes without saying. Because you find my conclusions offensive doesn't mean they're stupid. You just don't agree, and that's certainly your perrogative.

I'm very well aware of nationalism is, my assumption was that you do not, and were confusing it with patriotism. My mistake, and you have my apology.
Just remember this axiom of woot, "never in doubt but not always right," whenever you read his posts. That should act as a guide for you.

Also, devoid of humor or congeniality.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #66
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Just remember this axiom of woot, "never in doubt but not always right," whenever you read his posts. That should act as a guide for you.

Also, devoid of humor or congeniality.
Noted.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:22 AM   #67
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

/unshun

He's made this claim before, and I've slapped him silly with it. That he continues to believe it's true should be telling. He's a very credulous person, and I'm not, so naturally an insecure person would try to hide that fact by making the opposite accusation on a regular basis.

/shun

But seriously, I wondered if you had assumed I didn't know the difference between patriotism and nationalism, and appreciate that you admitted it after I demonstrated that I know the difference. You're ok. It should be pointed out that the reason I called your assumptions stupid was not because I found them offensive, but because declaring that you know someone better than they know themselves after a few very brief interactions on an internet forum is simply not smart, no matter how you slice it.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #68
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I am confused. I thought the pseudo-intellectual euro poseurs on CG liked Woot? Now I am reading that Woot is negatively perceived? This is all great theater.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:27 AM   #69
Archaea

Quote:
/unshun

He's made this claim before, and I've slapped him silly with it. That he continues to believe it's true should be telling. He's a very credulous person, and I'm not, so naturally an insecure person would try to hide that fact by making the opposite accusation on a regular basis.

/shun

But seriously, I wondered if you had assumed I didn't know the difference between patriotism and nationalism, and appreciate that you admitted it after I demonstrated that I know the difference. You're ok. It should be pointed out that the reason I called your assumptions stupid was not because I found them offensive, but because declaring that you know someone better than they know themselves after a few very brief interactions on an internet forum is simply not smart, no matter how you slice it.
Would you like to put it to a public vote whether you've slapped anybody silly other than yourself? I seem to remember creekster pointing out the absurdity of your belief that you had clearly articulated a point which in fact stated quite ambiguously. How about that? Are you willing to submit to the court of public opinion?

I know I act like a jerk for a purpose, but with you it comes naturally without effort.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:32 AM   #70
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
/unshun

/shun

Well that's interesting, I haven't really noticed anyone being slapped silly.

At no point in time have I claimed to know you better than you know yourself. I think everyone has a warped perspective of themselves, so no, I'm not going to accept your accusation of stupidity.