cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 AM   #61
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I suppose if by helping your friends here, you want them to leave the LDS Church as you did, then I suppose that does answer the question.

However, might I suggest you do it in private messages so those of us who are happy with being a part of it don't have to read your snide comments? Please?
SU is providing needed opposition to the LDS love-fest we have going on here.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #62
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Well, then he's doing a damn fine job of it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #63
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Speaking of SU love fest, I am not taking any more of his helpful advice until he shares the salacious details of his W Seattle story.

I also want the specific hotel room number because I don't know how I feel about sleeping on the bed if it was ground zero for some illegal SU freakery.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:33 AM   #64
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
No, you didn't answer the question. It was: why can't you let it go?

You left the LDS church. But you can't leave it be. Why?
I think it is pretty simple, unless I have missed my guess. When SU left the church it cost him dearly in very personal ways. I'm betting some relationships. I imagine that there was a large amount of pain that he suffered as a result of that decision. Since he believes that this suffering was brought upon him by a deception that was perpetrated on him from his youth, he feels bitter toward the church and is not above wanting to the see the institution and its members experience some suffering as well.

I think it is about wanting revenge. Maybe I've made that all up, but I sense some pain in SU behind the calm, level veneer.

I could be totally off, but that is my guess.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:29 AM   #65
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
I think it is pretty simple, unless I have missed my guess. When SU left the church it cost him dearly in very personal ways. I'm betting some relationships. I imagine that there was a large amount of pain that he suffered as a result of that decision. Since he believes that this suffering was brought upon him by a deception that was perpetrated on him from his youth, he feels bitter toward the church and is not above wanting to the see the institution and its members experience some suffering as well.

I think it is about wanting revenge. Maybe I've made that all up, but I sense some pain in SU behind the calm, level veneer.

I could be totally off, but that is my guess.
I love revenge epics. The Count of Monte Cristo. The final scene in Godfather I; everybody who hurt Michael dealt with in one final orgy of blood, as the baby gets baptised and the latin prayer rolls out amid gorgeous Catholic imagery and music. Before that, Michael and Solotzo and the police chief in the Italian restaurant. Isn't that as good as it gets? Pure ecstasy. Unfortunately real life isn't that way.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:31 AM   #66
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I love revenge epics. The Count of Monte Cristo. The final scene in Godfather I; everybody who hurt Michael dealt with in one final orgy of blood, as the baby gets baptised and the latin prayer rolls out amid gorgeous Catholic imagery and music. Before that, Michael and Solotzo and the police chief in the Italian restaurant. Isn't that as good as it gets? Pure ecstasy. Unfortunately real life isn't that way.
In other words, patricide.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 AM   #67
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
You forgot Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise.

The final scene when the nerds steal a duckboat and launch it into the hotel pool, all dressed in army fatigues and wearing rounds of live ammo as belts. Classic.

Nobody messed with the Nerds after that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #68
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
In other words, patricide.
Like I've said. You're a good son. An excellent son. I commend you. It's a terrible burden.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 AM   #69
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Like I've said. You're a good son. An excellent son. I commend you. It's a terrible burden.
You've found that the blood on your hands left deep stains never to fade. Visions of cutting your father's throat fill you with deep pain, and yet, ecstasy.

No, I don't envy you at all.

But in a way, my path is more difficult. I have the gift. And you do not. I have to negotiate a path that you can't even imagine.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #70
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You forgot Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise.

The final scene when the nerds steal a duckboat and launch it into the hotel pool, all dressed in army fatigues and wearing rounds of live ammo as belts. Classic.

Nobody messed with the Nerds after that.
Don't forget the parade scene at the end of Animal House.