cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 06:18 AM   #61
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

[QUOTE=Archaea]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug

I, Archaea, believe the American family is doomed and I do not believe government can do a damn thing about it. In fact, government will merely screw it up more. The amendment would make a symbolic statement, but will probably have no effect.

We Americans wish to sin to our hearts content. We have no desire any longer to do it right as a group. We have the whacko hypocrit Baptists, the do nothing other groups and the gay groups, radical and extreme that stand for nothing but their own selfish hedonistic tendencies.

Let me put it more plainly, governmental intervention at any level will screw it up. No government bureaucrat gets it right.

We are a nation adrift on nothing firm, waiting to masturbate ourselves to death.

Just look at the most recent snide remark you make to Creekster who is generally a gentlemen.

I intentionally articulate myself as an ass; you do it without realizing it to somebody who doesn't deserve it.

A quote would be helpful.

This is perhaps your most depressing post yet.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #62
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=hoyacoug]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea

A quote would be helpful.

This is perhaps your most depressing post yet.
Then give it a rest...

ALL OF YOU.

You have been very bad children, and you need to simmer down now.

Don't you people know when to call it a day??

Make yourself the personal rule that you will post ten times in the sports side of the board before you come back down here. Your perspectives will lighted up, and that bounce will return to your step.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #63
Cali Coug

[QUOTE=Robin]
Quote:

Then give it a rest...

ALL OF YOU.

You have been very bad children, and you need to simmer down now.

Don't you people know when to call it a day??

Make yourself the personal rule that you will post ten times in the sports side of the board before you come back down here. Your perspectives will lighted up, and that bounce will return to your step.

If Robin is telling us to simmer down, we must have gone to far!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM   #64
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

[QUOTE=hoyacoug]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin

And he'd be right, too.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #65
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=hoyacoug]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin

Where is "Far"? Is that near South Dakota?
Old 05-31-2006, 10:48 PM   #66
Cali Coug

[QUOTE=Archaea]
Quote:

Great. Now I have Archaea calling me out on typos!

This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone...

Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #67
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I find it a bit disappointing that the Proclamation basically offers zero guidance to those saints (and their families) who struggle with same sex attraction. Why?

This sentence is so vague, that it gives almost no direction: "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose."

What is an essential characteristic? Meaning that if someone did not have a gender, he would be screwed?

I see nothing in that document that gives any guidance on what the laws of the land ought to be. We can say that we have *now* been given guidance--that there ought to be an amendment (can someone provide me a link to the language of the amendment?). Why weren't the words included in the news release? What if the language of the amendment is changed, are they going to issue a new press release, instructing us on whether our support is still warranted?

The church played footsie with the issue in the state of Utah. They were coy, until they finally came down and basically endorsed the proposition. Why the coyness?

Battles are best fought with prepared soldiers. It seems to me that the preparation has been very slight. Good soldiers go and die whether the cause is right or not, whether the plan is good or not, and whether it makes a difference or not. I wish the brethren would jump into this and very clearly articulate their reasoning, including addressing some of the concerns that I and others have. Some will argue that this is just a test of faith. Perhaps. But the church I know is one that advocates that we study things out before acting. And that is the unsatisfying part to me. How unstudied this all feels.
Why should the proclamation be a guide to providing guidance for the LDS who have a problem with same sex attraction?

People are always asking questions, and as cliched as this might sound, the answers are there in the scriptures, in talks, in prayer, in counsel.....the people struggling with it has to be willing to commit themselves regardless if that weakness be same sex attraction or something else entirely different.

Not saying it's easy, but I love what the Proclamation states and how BLACK AND WHITE it is and how to the point it is.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #68
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd also like an answer about Blacks and the Priesthood. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I already know the answer as to why. Racism. And that's why there is no official position.

Is it right to be like Darron Smith and agitate that the church admit past racism? I don't have a problem with it.

However I respect the fact that for many things, there will never be an official response or answer or explanation.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:07 AM   #69
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Archaea]
Quote:

SEE! The 'to and too' gremlins strike again. Man I hate those little bastards. They make people look like idiots.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:08 AM   #70
Cali Coug

[QUOTE=Robin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea

SEE! The 'to and too' gremlins strike again. Man I hate those little bastards. They make me look like an idiot.

Just testing out my new avatar. Nothing to see here, move along...