cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #71
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Kanye West - Met him at Atlantis on Paradise Island. His Family, including his mom, son and wife set up right next to us each day. they were really cool, He was more quiet than his mom or wife but he was still nice. Because of him we had short interactions with Big Boi, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and a few others.

Jennifer Love Hewett - met at Disneyland, she was dating some non famous guy and we were eating at the san fran sourdough place in DCA. She is very short. We exchanged pleasantries but I am not a big talk to someone because they are famous sort of guy.

Lee Majors & Farrah Fawcett - Camping this when I was about 5. We were in Mexico on the beach camping and the two came and set up camp right by us. they hung out the whole week. This doesn't, count does it? I mean if I were 14-15 and got to meet Farrah, it could have been life altering, at least at night.

Kelly Slater, Martin Potter, well a lot of ranked surfers back in the late 80's early 90's - I was living in Newport Beach in my late teens - early twenties and a crew of guys would show up on big days. We got to know a few, that got us invited to insider parties and we would meet more of them. A time in my life that I had to repent for.

and lastly

Keanu Reeves - Came by our house on 4th of July 1992 and asked for directions, We ended up getting invited into his limo, we just cruised all night looking for something to do. He is a fun guy, but at that time in my life it was all party so he was good for that.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #72
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Farrah Fawcett - Camping this when I was about 5. We were in Mexico on the beach camping and the two came and set up camp right by us. they hung out the whole week. This doesn't, count does it? I mean if I were 14-15 and got to meet Farrah, it could have been life altering, at least at night.
Did she wear that red swim suit and was the water just a little nippy?

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 AM   #73
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
"why are you wasting your time with that mullet sporting loser"?
i ask myself the same question every time i lift weights with you. loser. maybe if you grew that mullet back i would have more respect for you...
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #74
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Did she wear that red swim suit and was the water just a little nippy?
I had that poster when I was a young buck.

Charlie's Angels set puberty into motion for me. I can't imagine what camping on a beach next to Farrah Fawcett would have done.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #75
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Hold up, Arch!? How did you never tell me this?!? When can you set me up? I've been waiting for him to return my calls but there must be a problem with the connection.

Have you seen his great new political ad? He's soooo dreamy:

keeheehee
My respect for Cusak has been dwindling ever since The Grifters. He is dead to me now.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #76
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Everybody who posted on this thread must have much more life experience (be much older) than Surfah and me. We can't even count ten famous people we've met - COMBINED.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #77
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Everybody who posted on this thread must have much more life experience (be much older) than Surfah and me. We can't even count ten famous people we've met - COMBINED.
Or, in my case, you have a relative who egregiously violates the federal Airline Passenger Right to Privacy Act, which states that every passenger on a public flight is entitled to absolutely privacy while waiting for a flight, boarding, and during the flight, including a 3 seat perimeter around you (4 seat if you are flying First Class).

It is a really strict piece of legislature, but very effective.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 AM   #78
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why these threads keep getting generated. I've already told you people that I met Patrick Duffy on a flight to Oregon; contest over.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:02 AM   #79
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I don't know why these threads keep getting generated. I've already told you people that I met Patrick Duffy on a flight to Oregon; contest over.
I met his TV stepdaughter at Snowbird. Staci Keanan. Game. Set. Match.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #80
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I met his TV stepdaughter at Snowbird. Staci Keanan. Game. Set. Match.
Jeez that's a name I haven't heard in ages. I googled her and she turned out quite lovely.

ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote