cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #71
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Keep in mind you're from Orange County, and "bad traffic" is a very relative term. I came on the 5 too. Although I have no idea where it was that I got off. It was definitely backed up, but no worse than what I had anticipated. I heard a lot of the people at the game complaining about it though. I thought that the view from the stadium out to the lake was spectacular. Last time I went to Washington I went out to Mt. Ranier. Despite the fact that I experienced a high level of anxiety from the potential for a bear attack it was really spectacular and I'd recommend that everybody go there at least once.
Fair....but if you cut out the 10 minutes it took to walk to the car, i think the drive was about 30 minutes max until we were back at the hotel. is that awful gameday traffic? even in small towns it takes awhile to get out on gameday.

My guess is that AA's group just didnt know where to go, which is not unlikely given that everyone was visiting from out of town.

Also, we went to the stadium really early, so that could explain why we hit zero traffic going to the game.

After the game, I gave a high five to all the players, but skipped Austin Collie because I didnt feel that he didnt deserve one. Instead, I simply gave him some verbal encouragement and told him that if he improves, I would likely give him a high five at a future game. I think he found that to be reasonable.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #72
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Even Farrah who loves the NW doesn't want to live in Seattle. Because it is unaffordable.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #73
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Even Farrah who loves the NW doesn't want to live in Seattle. Because it is unaffordable.
How are all those people with poor hygeine and drab clothes affording it?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #74
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Fair....but if you cut out the 10 minutes it took to walk to the car, i think the drive was about 30 minutes max until we were back at the hotel. is that awful gameday traffic? even in small towns it takes awhile to get out on gameday.

My guess is that AA's group just didnt know where to go, which is not unlikely given that everyone was visiting from out of town.

Also, we went to the stadium really early, so that could explain why we hit zero traffic going to the game.

After the game, I gave a high five to all the players, but skipped Austin Collie because I didnt feel that he didnt deserve one. Instead, I simply gave him some verbal encouragement and told him that if he improves, I would likely give him a high five at a future game. I think he found that to be reasonable.
It took me longer than 30 minutes to get to the stadium, so it must have been the early arrival. The traffic was about like the 405 during rush hour, only fewer lanes. I did think it was pretty hilarious when some Washington fan, who didn't know any better tried to get a car with Utah plates to let him over. Predictably the Utah plates guy rushed up to cut him off before he could get over, and the Washington fan was forced onto a freeway that he didn't want to be on, but not until he gave the Utah plates car the bird out of his sun roof.

I think I mentioned before that my roommate is Collie's cousin, and apparently they grew up close to each other and are pretty tight. She told me when I got home that she became so concerned over his performance that she called his mother to find out if he is hurt or something. He's not, but apparently he still hasn't been praciticing with the team much. She said that he was super disgusted with his own performance on Saturday. So hopefully he'll be back on track next week.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #75
MikeWaters
Demiurge

3 people off the top of my head who live in Seattle:

1. SU - eats chef-prepared food every night.
2. my high school friend architect - lives in an apartment
3. lawyer friend previously in my ward - drove a BMW before he left, rolling in dough

median housing price in Seattle Metro area - 383,000

In Dallas metro - 151,000

http://www.realtor.org/wps/wcm/conne...69df0517252576
Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #76
TripletDaddy

Quote:
3 people off the top of my head who live in Seattle:

1. SU - eats chef-prepared food every night.
2. my high school friend architect - lives in an apartment
3. lawyer friend previously in my ward - drove a BMW before he left, rolling in dough

median housing price in Seattle Metro area - 383,000

In Dallas metro - 151,000

http://www.realtor.org/wps/wcm/conne...69df0517252576

I'll take one seattle house and 2 dallas houses to go, please.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #77
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I'll take one seattle house and 2 dallas houses to go, please.
I have a MD friend in LA. She wants to move back to Dallas so she can buy a house.

Her house during residency in Dallas she bought was probably around 300k.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #78
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
It took me longer than 30 minutes to get to the stadium, so it must have been the early arrival. The traffic was about like the 405 during rush hour, only fewer lanes. I did think it was pretty hilarious when some Washington fan, who didn't know any better tried to get a car with Utah plates to let him over. Predictably the Utah plates guy rushed up to cut him off before he could get over, and the Washington fan was forced onto a freeway that he didn't want to be on, but not until he gave the Utah plates car the bird out of his sun roof.

I think I mentioned before that my roommate is Collie's cousin, and apparently they grew up close to each other and are pretty tight. She told me when I got home that she became so concerned over his performance that she called his mother to find out if he is hurt or something. He's not, but apparently he still hasn't been praciticing with the team much. She said that he was super disgusted with his own performance on Saturday. So hopefully he'll be back on track next week.

I am glad that Collie is disgusted with his performance. Now he knows how we all feel with his season thus far. If he REALLY is serious about getting his High Five, he will step it up next week.

Funny you mention the Utah thing. As the game was about to begin, a UW fan tapped me on the shoulder and asked why we did the Haka....she said, "isnt that from a different religion?" I told her our team did it to honor someone or other and that we have a lot of polys on the team...it wasn't a religious thing. She said, "I didnt know you could be non-Mormon and go to BYU. Are there many polynesian mormons?"

There really are a lot of misinformed people everywhere.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #79
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I have a MD friend in LA. She wants to move back to Dallas so she can buy a house.

Her house during residency in Dallas she bought was probably around 300k.
I dont blame her.

Housing prices down here are ridiculous. It is annoying.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #80
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Are there many polynesian mormons?"
You shoudl have said "no, but there are a lot of Mormon polynesians."