cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #81
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I do have the distinct impression that both of you need to get laid.
I've never understood this sort of comment. Is getting laid supposed to put you in a sugarcoated trance that lasts 24/7, resulting in nothing but happy thoughts, non-contentious feelings, and swirly twirly gumdrops running through your head?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #82
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Perhaps you are asking the wrong question here then. I told someone close to me several years ago that if he would first work to become the person he wanted to be that the kind of girl he truly wanted would find him. I'm sure this was something he already knew and he obviously did all the heavy lifting, but no sooner had he put himself on the proper track in life than his future wife showed up in his life and like many of us he married up.

Whatever your bigger issues are, they have been an impediment to you attracting the right guy up until now. Maybe focusing on them in an honest way is more important that the relative flexibility of the items on your "list."
Sounds like you are describing me in that first paragraph and what one of my friends told me. This is the best advice you can possibly give to someone who is single and looking to get married. Work on yourself and things will come.

I do think people become too obsessed with checking the requirements off the list. A friend of mine called it the Celestial Checklist. You need the RM check, also had a TR, etc. I think when you do that you are setting yourself up to fail. You need to look at the person, make sure you are doing the things that you need to do, and you will be sufficiently connected with the spirit to make the right decisions.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #83
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I've never understood this sort of comment. Is getting laid supposed to put you in a sugarcoated trance that lasts 24/7, resulting in nothing but happy thoughts, non-contentious feelings, and swirly twirly gumdrops running through your head?
No, getting laid is the end of foreplay. I'm tired of their foreplay and recommend sex as a solution.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #84
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Sounds like you are describing me in that first paragraph and what one of my friends told me. This is the best advice you can possibly give to someone who is single and looking to get married. Work on yourself and things will come.

I do think people become too obsessed with checking the requirements off the list. A friend of mine called it the Celestial Checklist. You need the RM check, also had a TR, etc. I think when you do that you are setting yourself up to fail. You need to look at the person, make sure you are doing the things that you need to do, and you will be sufficiently connected with the spirit to make the right decisions.
However as nonsequitur has repeatedly stated, for me to become somebody I'd like to be married to, it's too late, as having big boobs, being soft spoken, well-educated with an aversion to spending money won't happen.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #85
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
However as nonsequitur has repeatedly stated, for me to become somebody I'd like to be married to, it's too late, as having big boobs, being soft spoken, well-educated with an aversion to spending money won't happen.
But you're so close! Surely you could learn to control your spending habits?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #86
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
No, getting laid is the end of foreplay.
I thought marriage was the end of foreplay.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #87
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
But you're so close! Surely you could learn to control your spending habits?
Arch lobs up the grapefruit and creek smacks them into the bay.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #88
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry everybody, I'm just a chump taking notes on this thread as a case study in effective flirting.

BDB: While adamantly insisting she won't make out with Rocky, she does not rule out the possibility entirely, by 1) jocularly saying she would do so if she suffers a concussion, and 2) saying that it's Rocky's loss he did not get to kiss her and contract her cold sores. (Catstring theory)

Rocky: Ends the conversation first to avert appearing needy. Rocky goes one step further than the conventional by explicitly stating, "I'll give you the last word."

Both: Both say they are taken tonight. (Demonstration of being pre-selected)
Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #89
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

How do members who divorce return to a sex is off limits life?

It sounds rather rigorous and difficult. For one moment, normal flirtation and foreplay is changed to something you were limited to in high school. Rolling back the clock sounds very difficult. Am I wrong?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #90
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Sorry everybody, I'm just a chump taking notes on this thread as a case study in effective flirting.

BDB: While adamantly insisting she won't make out with Rocky, she does not rule out the possibility entirely, by 1) jocularly saying she would do so if she suffers a concussion, and 2) saying that it's Rocky's loss he did not get to kiss her and contract her cold sores. (Catstring theory)

Rocky: Ends the conversation first to avert appearing needy. Rocky goes one step further than the conventional by explicitly stating, "I'll give you the last word."

Both: Both say they are taken tonight. (Demonstration of being pre-selected)
Let me be clear. I'm ruling out the possibility entirely.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote