cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birthright -- Jacob, Esau, Christ

Sunday before last we had the SS lesson on Esau and Jacob and the loss of the birthright. We know that many stories in the scriptures are likening examples of Christ and the Atonement, etc. Was Lucifer the first born? Didn't he present his plan first and it was rejected when Christ came and presented his? Why else would Lucifer jump to the front of the line? I think this could be a strong parallel lesson we learn from this family.

Am I completely off base here or is this common knowledge amongst the rest of you, my enlightened brethren? By disclaimer I am no scriptorian, especially in the OT -- it's just something that crossed through my mind.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default There is no real answer ...

... regarding Lucifer and Jesus. Many believe Lucifer was "born" before Jesus, though I think most LDS think it was the other way around. No real scriptural evidence exists to show that Lucifer was first, just possible inferences.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

There are two different versions of the "council," one in which Lucifer presents his plan first, and one where he presents his plan second. In Abraham, he presents second, and the Father says "I will choose the first."

Clearly, both are made up and the JWs are right.