cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

What is OTMC? Maybe I'll go there for lunch.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #12
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Wow, maybe it isnt the air. Maybe you need a hypoallergenic pillow like the kind you can buy at Sharper Image. Or is it Brookstone?

It would be rad to start rocking a gas mask. Just drive down the 405 with your gas mask on and see what happens.

If the SDSU game gets cancelled, I am going to be pissed. I was craving posole at OTMC this weekend. And some carnitas.
I'm going to be mad too. I've been looking forward to this all season long. I just got off the phone with my mom who is freaking out about my cough and insisting that I go see a doctor to get my lungs checked...despite the fact that I am trying to communicate to her that there is literally ash falling down all around me outside while I'm talking to her. She was totally unsympathetic about my concerns that the game might be postponed.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
What is OTMC? Maybe I'll go there for lunch.
Old Town Mex Cafe. dont you live in SD?

it is probably the most popular mexican dive in the city. voted best mex by SD Mag for like 20 years straight.

The posole soup is lovely (sprinkled with the fresh oregano, just the right about of meat chunks and fresh hominy grits...yum!).

The carnitas are great.

The tortillas are all fresh, right when you walk in the door.

The salsa is not to my liking....it is kinda gringo-ized.

Also, if you like to drink beer and watch charger and pads games, it is the place to be.

On weekends, enjoy the wait for a seat.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Oh yeah, I've been there. Freds and the Cosmopolitan are also good stops when in Old Town. The Mormon Battallion is only three blocks away.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I'm going to be mad too. I've been looking forward to this all season long. I just got off the phone with my mom who is freaking out about my cough and insisting that I go see a doctor to get my lungs checked...despite the fact that I am trying to communicate to her that there is literally ash falling down all around me outside while I'm talking to her. She was totally unsympathetic about my concerns that the game might be postponed.
And I thought I had the only mom who was worried about black lung....

To put her mind at ease, you should send her a few vials of your sputum taken over the course of the week. She can see for herself that your phlegm samples get clearer and more runny as the week progresses. She just needs to be reassured.

If you go to the game, look for me. I will be there with the other 20 or 30 people, so it shouldnt be too hard to find me. I will look for a woman in a Fully Invested blue gas mask.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Freds and the Cosmopolitan are also good stops when in Old Town
Now you are talking.

OTMC isnt necessarily the greatest overall mexican food, but it is a great place to go because it is always hopping and they do rice and beans well--which makes or breaks a mexican place.

And that soup....yum.

We always go there to eat before the BYU game or if we go the SD temple. Kinda tradition at this point.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Well I won't be going to Old Town today, the city has asked people to stay off of the roads.

Now they have closed entire stretches of the I-5 and I-15. Those are the ONLY two freeways that lead north out of here, because of all of the hills. (Which are on fire).

If people want to evacuate they have two options: take the I-8 east to Phoenix, or go south of the border.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...bn22fire3.html
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
And I thought I had the only mom who was worried about black lung....

To put her mind at ease, you should send her a few vials of your sputum taken over the course of the week. She can see for herself that your phlegm samples get clearer and more runny as the week progresses. She just needs to be reassured.

If you go to the game, look for me. I will be there with the other 20 or 30 people, so it shouldnt be too hard to find me. I will look for a woman in a Fully Invested blue gas mask.
If they have the game anywhere in California this weekend I will be there. I really don't see how they can though, if the smoke is anywhere near as bad as it is where I am right now there's no way that SDSUY is going to have the team out practicing in this.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:

Ironically, this weekend was amazing for surf. there was a nice swell that came in and the beaches were largely empty. DDD....always looking to make some lemonade....
So where'd you surf?

I saw Santa Clarita burning on the news too which is where I grew up.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Qualcomm stadium, where the Aztecs play, is currently home to 10,000 fire refugees:

http://fireblog.signonsandiego.com/