cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #41
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Lingo, I am relatively new here. Why does everyone here appear to hate your E-guts? I honestly do not know.

I get that there is a pack hunt mentality against you here (which is ironic given the complaints of similar pack hunting on the other board), but what is the genesis of so much scorn?
I think the main reason is that this board was first settled by posters who hated me on CB. Waters, Lebowski, Cali, Catblue, Sizzle, fusnik, cougjunkie, etc. The first converts to CG were friends of theirs, and therefore had similar attitudes to them regarding me.

As for specific reasons, I can't really help you, outside of "Lingo's a mullah."

Sorry.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #42
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
I think the main reason is that this board was first settled by posters who hated me on CB. Waters, Lebowski, Cali, Catblue, Sizzle, fusnik, cougjunkie, etc. The first converts to CG were friends of theirs, and therefore had similar attitudes to them regarding me.

As for specific reasons, I can't really help you, outside of "Lingo's a mullah."

Sorry.
Yes. It's all about you.

Yawn.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #43
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Yes. It's all about you.

Yawn.
What the hell, Padrino? We've never exactly been friends, but lately you've been downright pissy towards me.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #44
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

Sorry.
1. That begs the question, why did they hate you to begin with?
2. If they hated you, why did you come here? It would be like George Armstrong Custer retiring and moving to an indian reservation (unless the reservation had legalized gaming, in which case it could be a good move)
3. There are a couple of others who seem to be labeled on this site, such as Tex and Indy, but they do not seem to receive the same treatment. Why?

This question is open to everyone, by the way....both to Johnny Lingo and to all those who hate him.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #45
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
What the hell, Padrino? We've never exactly been friends, but lately you've been downright pissy towards me.
I've been that way because you're act of martyr is tiring.

I'll try harder to not be such an SOB.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #46
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
1. That begs the question, why did they hate you to begin with?
2. If they hated you, why did you come here? It would be like George Armstrong Custer retiring and moving to an indian reservation (unless the reservation had legalized gaming, in which case it could be a good move)
3. There are a couple of others who seem to be labeled on this site, such as Tex and Indy, but they do not seem to receive the same treatment. Why?

This question is open to everyone, by the way....both to Johnny Lingo and to all those who hate him.
1. Differing beliefs in religion, politics. Some mean-spirited arguments in those areas.

2. I initially came here to see how riled up everyone would get. I believe getting verbally abused on a consistent basis builds up your resistance to it. That can help in other areas of life, like if I want to be MWC Commissioner or something one day.

3. Not sure. Tex is a smarter and less annoying version of me, but both he and Indy take their shots, too. I believe Waters once had an avatar with a three-headed dragon and the heads were named Indy, Lingo, and Tex (or Snipe, can't remember).
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #47
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I hate him because he once posted info about a movie I hadn't seen without the "Spoiler Warning" in the subject line! I was pissed!

(Seems petty, but really no more so than any other reason someone would "hate" an anonymous poster they've never met.)
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #48
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
2. I initially came here to see how riled up everyone would get. I believe getting verbally abused on a consistent basis builds up your resistance to it. That can help in other areas of life, like if I want to be MWC Commissioner or something one day.
That was funny. If you posted more like this, folks would soften their comments directed at you.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #49
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I hate him because he once posted info about a movie I hadn't seen without the "Spoiler Warning" in the subject line! I was pissed!

(Seems petty, but really no more so than any other reason someone would "hate" an anonymous poster they've never met.)
Tyler Durden is the Narrator.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #50
TripletDaddy

Quote:
1. Differing beliefs in religion, politics. Some mean-spirited arguments in those areas.

3. Not sure. Tex is a smarter and less annoying version of me, but both he and Indy take their shots, too. I believe Waters once had an avatar with a three-headed dragon and the heads were named Indy, Lingo, and Tex (or Snipe, can't remember).
Well, fair enough, then. You have done nothing to me to make me hate you, although you had a Guster album as your avatar, which I didnt like. I see you have now changed it.

Carry on, my wayward son.