cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #41
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've accepted personal checks in the past. I've not accepted livestock or farm products, mainly because of the hassle.
MW has also been known to accept T-Shirts with kick ass designs on them.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
MW has also been known to accept T-Shirts with kick ass designs on them.
Yes. Smoky and the BAndit RUUUULLLEEEEEEEESSSSS!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #43
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
DDD if you want to know what I'm listening to right now my ipod is currently playing Somebody's Crying by Chris Isaak.

I don't want CG to get bigger, I'm not sure there's a need for two boards.

I like CG because people over here can generally let me argue with them and can usually hold up their end of the disagreement. It's maybe not the best habit I have, but sometimes arguing is kind of a refreshing little mental exercise, and it forces me to sort things out in my own head so that I can formulate a logical defense for my position. FYI, I learned early on not to try this with roommates. They usually get upset, resort to personal attacks, and then go sulking around the house until they get a grovelling apology.
BDB, what be?

I enjoy a little Chris Issak every now and then. I enjoy Somebody's Crying. I am listening to Apostle of Hustle, as well as the new disc by Seawolf.

I think competition forces people towards adaptation and improvement. Like any other civilization, CG will adapt with change or become extinct. I think it will be the former, not that latter. As mikewaters said, he is now adding mobile cougarguard. It wont be long before he creates an online persona called "Referee" and gives out warnings.

If you enjoy arguing, then you will love marriage! *rimshot*

BTW, hope all is well with your little nephew.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte

Last edited by TripletDaddy; 10-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #44
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
BDB, what be?

I enjoy a little Chris Issak every now and then. I enjoy Somebody's Crying. I am listening to Apostle of Hustle, as well as the new disc by Seawolf.

I think competition forces people towards adaptation and improvement. Like any other civilization, CG will adapt with change or become extinct. I think it will be the former, not that latter. As mikewaters said, he is now adding mobile cougarguard. It wont be long before he creates an online persona called "Referee" and gives out warnings.

If you enjoy arguing, then you will love marriage! *rimshot*

BTW, hope all is well with your little nephew.

Never heard of Seawolf. My ipod has now moved along to No Smoke Without a Fire, Bad Company

I like intellectual arguments, I detest personal arguments, and I suck at them.

There's no question that CG is going to keep growing and will change over time. I don't look forward to that though. I like having the board to go over there and shoot the breeze about any stupid little thing that crosses my mind, and then come over here where I feel compelled to at least make an attempt at composing posts with some substance.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Never heard of Seawolf. My ipod has now moved along to No Smoke Without a Fire, Bad Company

I like intellectual arguments, I detest personal arguments, and I suck at them.

There's no question that CG is going to keep growing and will change over time. I don't look forward to that though. I like having the board to go over there and shoot the breeze about any stupid little thing that crosses my mind, and then come over here where I feel compelled to at least make an attempt at composing posts with some substance.
You can check out both AOH and Seawolf at their myspace page. Seawolf is this cool guy who lives in LA (Silverlake) who did free shows at Amoeba Records and Spaceland, places like that. He eventually built up a fanbase and was finally able to produce his full length and release it recently. He also has an EP.

Apostle of Hustle is a canadian indy band. Kind of pitchfork up and comers. both are good if you like 103.1 type music.

Looks like you also subscribe to the "it's smarter here than there" mantra" too?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #46
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
FYI, I learned early on not to try this with roommates. They usually get upset, resort to personal attacks, and then go sulking around the house until they get a grovelling apology.

Wait, I thought you weren't married?

Just a little joke, in case Mrs. Creek is reading.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #47
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You can check out both AOH and Seawolf at their myspace page. Seawolf is this cool guy who lives in LA (Silverlake) who did free shows at Amoeba Records and Spaceland, places like that. He eventually built up a fanbase and was finally able to produce his full length and release it recently. He also has an EP.

Apostle of Hustle is a canadian indy band. Kind of pitchfork up and comers. both are good if you like 103.1 type music.

Looks like you also subscribe to the "it's smarter here than there" mantra" too?
Folks here are smart, and also very stubborn, they'll go to the wall with their opinions, even the crazy ones. I have to respect that.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #48
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Folks here are smart, and also very stubborn, they'll go to the wall with their opinions, even the crazy ones. I have to respect that.
Ha, sounds a lot like a website I know.....

Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #49
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't thik it is smarter here than there, I just think you are more likely to be able to have an intelligent conversation. Moreover, becasue the baord doesn't move as quickly, you can post something a little meatier and people can kick it around and then post about it later after some thought, so the whole process tends to be more than drive by opinion-cizing.

As with all generalizations, this is prone to be incorrect in the specific instance, but in genreal I think this is true. Besides, how can we be 'smarter' here when we all post (or have posted) on CB?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #50
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Besides, how can we be 'smarter' here when we all post (or have posted) on CB?
I remember when Professor Wright was arguing a point before US Supreme Court, and made a point which was at odds with his treatise. A Justice pointed that out to Professor Wright, asking him if he could explain the discrepancy.

He paused momentarily and replied, "You know Justice, when you're paid better, you think better."

We're paid better here.