cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #21
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
K Dog, if you are going to get a C AMG, why not spend a tad more and just get an E, non AMG? more panache that way, no?
I like cars. I don't flash them. My C32 is the most fun car to drive that I've ever driven. I debadged it as well. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't flash money.
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I like cars. I don't flash them. My C32 is the most fun car to drive that I've ever driven. I debadged it as well. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't flash money.
If it is any consolation, I assumed that since you lived in Utah, you didnt have much money.

*rimshot*

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #23
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If it is any consolation, I assumed that since you lived in Utah, you didnt have much money.

*rimshot*
At least I've got that going for me...which is nice.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I like cars but once I start looking at the high maintenance I figure I can't afford the fees or don't want to for the exotics.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I don't think anyone would accuse you of flashing your money if you didn't debadge your C class. LOL C class is basically for people that can't afford a real Benzo. I don't know why anyone would waste their money on one, when there are better, faster options available. If all one cares about is having a Benzo though, then so be it. Although I would much rather get a used E500 for the same price as a new C.

Last edited by NorCal Cat; 10-31-2007 at 10:12 PM.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 PM   #26
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

So now I've come to the pedestrian conclusion that a Chevy Corvette might fit the bill. Not *that* expensive, functional, sporty, decent gas mileage.
The latest Corvette model is dope. If a two-door, two seater was an option for me, I would have considered one. Maybe when all the kid are older that will work.

In the 4-door category, the Audi RS4 is just awesome, expensive too. M3 is a solid choice as well. Although the new M3 is going to put the old one to shame.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #27
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
I don't think anyone would accuse you of flashing your money if you didn't debadge your C class. LOL C class is basically for people that can't afford a real Benzo. I don't know why anyone would waste their money on one, when there are better, faster options available. If all one cares about is having a Benzo though, then so be it. Although I would much rather get a used E500 for the same price as a new C.
I want them to think it is just a C class. That handles people like you. C32 is an AMG and is a rocket. For performance, there isn't anything with four doors I wouldn't race it against.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #28
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
The latest Corvette model is dope. If a two-door, two seater was an option for me, I would have considered one. Maybe when all the kid are older that will work.

In the 4-door category, the Audi RS4 is just awesome, expensive too. M3 is a solid choice as well. Although the new M3 is going to put the old one to shame.
Corvettes are awesome.......for me to poop on.

I cant think of a more white trash wannabe sports car than the Corvette.

It is, however, the best bang for your buck of all you care about is horsepower.

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) made a movie called "Corvette Summer." It had him following around this stolen candy-apple Stingray all over the West. The final scene is a car chase where he drives the Stingray and does a burnout on this deserted section of a Vegas highway while the other car explodes or crashes. I am convinced that it was this movie that ended his career.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 PM   #29
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This post reminded me of something. I have never wanted a sports car.
Right now I have a very beat up '99 truck and both door locks are broken, so I can never lock it up.
Good thing it looks like a piece of poo and I live a crime free area.
I'm not that into trucks either, it's just useful for hauling hay and stuff from home depot.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #30
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Realistically? Is a Mazda Miata too pedestrian? Actually I guess I'm getting old enough that a Lexus or something like a G35 is appealing.

I wonder what quote the cavemen could get for collision/comprehensive on a Lamborgini?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote