cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #41
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Babs, did you see this? You met someone who met John Cusack. Now, I can't even say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
John Cusack...
Angeli Jolie
Hold up, Arch!? How did you never tell me this?!? When can you set me up? I've been waiting for him to return my calls but there must be a problem with the connection.

Have you seen his great new political ad? He's soooo dreamy:

keeheehee
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Farrah has a thing for Cusack as well. Good thing I am wittier, smarter, more devious, and more handsome than Cusack.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #43
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
She knew you were too hot for her and it hurt her deeply that she didn't have a chance with you.
I'm sure it was a combination of the two. I was with my then girlfriend now wife.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #44
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Well, I am going to top all of you:

Marsupial
I fixed your quote, Mike.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #45
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Jose Canseco- total douche bag I was in the A's locker room as a 12 year old and he tried to charge me for his autograph.
2. Mark Mcgwire- exact opposite of Jose, gave me a bat of his.
3. The whole 1989 World Series A's and Giants teams. (my best friend Eddies uncle played in the majors and he took us to all the games)
4. Estelle Getty- met her at LAX
5. Brooke Burke- a good friend of mine is her half brother.
6. Julie from the Real World- came to my house for a BBQ.
7. Several BYU football players, as well as about 10 Oregon state football players who came to my house last year for a BBQ.
8. Willie Mays- went to the Giants-Phillies game last year and it was his birthday, I saw him in the concourse, we chatted for about 5 minutes, I still regret not getting his autograph.
9. Kyle Korver- his rookie year he came to the RMR, I was the only person that knew who he was so I kept yelling his name. After the game he sat in the stands with us for over an hour, as did Lonny Baxter (won a national title at Maryland) and Nikolas Tskitishvili. Cool guys.
10. Steve Francis- took me to dinner after a Jazz-Rockets game.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #46
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Not sure how you are defining "met," but in this case, it seems as though we are including the random hand shake, etc.

I have my share of those.

Of true celebs with which I have actually spent some time, I can really only list 1........the curiously freaky John Malkovich.

I was flying back to Boston for the BYU/BC game and was waiting at LAX in the terminal. I received a call from my older sister (she works for UAL, hosting special security folks during layovers or when they arrive to catch a flight) and she told me that she was with John Malkovich. She asked if I wanted to meet him because he was heading to Boston and we were going to be on the same plane.

I headed over and met my sister at the lounge and sure enough...there is Mr John Wilkes Booth himself in all his freaky glory. He is skinny, was wearing kind of a mish-mash of weird clothes that didnt match, and some American Flag Chuck Taylors. He was a nice guy. We all chatted for a bit. He was headed to Boston because he lives near Harvard.

When it came time to head over to the gate, my sister was able to seat us together (I fly standby, but the flight was not overbooked, so since I was dressed appropriate, she was able to bump me up to First).

We basically spent the entire flight chatting about all kinds of stuff....my kids, some of his movies (I tried to be very careful to not turn into a sycophant during the conversation), politics, and some sports.

A few things I learned about him:

1. He has 2 kids himself and he speaks very glowingly of being a father.
2. His favorite co-star was Michelle Pfeifer.
3. He is fluent in French and lived in France for several years
4. He roots for Boston teams
5. He leaned conservative on several issues, but didnt identify with either party.
6. While he was honored to play Lenny in OMAM, he refuses to quote any of his lines from the movie out of respect for the developmentally disabled. He feels that when people ask him to do the "tell me about the rabbits" line, they are really only mocking those who are slow.

I did turn into a fan for a bit and asked him a few questions about some of his movies:

1. He confirmed Rene Russo's hotness in real life
2. He said that to help get into character for the role of Mitch in ITLOF, he would leave freaky voicemails for Clint Eastwood on his cell phone.
3. He appreciated that people still remember his work in Places in the Heart and was surprised he was nominated that year.

Anyhow, all in all, this was a good guy, intelligent, and a really down-to-Earth celeb. Fun meeting him and talking to him.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #47
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Farrah has a thing for Cusack as well. Good thing I am wittier, smarter, more devious, and more handsome than Cusack.
And humbler.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #48
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I the only person who when he sees a celebrity does not go up to them and bother them?

If I were a celebrity, I would not want to be bothered. So I leave them be.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #49
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

My list is pretty weak:

Gordon B. Hinckley
Jon M. Huntsman (not the guv - the father of the guv)
Chad Lewis
Sharif Shah
Mark Eaton
Randy and Debbie Fields (founder of Mrs. Fields Cookies - not really celebs I suppose)

That's about it. I just don't rub elbows with the rich and famous.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #50
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

My ex-wife may or may not have had sex with Mark McGwire a number of years ago. She admitted to "dating" him, but she never really was clear about what that exactly meant.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote