cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

People spend a day in Seattle the one day it's not raining, and then decide that it's a place with great weather. Funny.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #22
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
People spend a day in Seattle the one day it's not raining, and then decide that it's a place with great weather. Funny.
I don't know if you were referring to me, but I didn't say anything about how often the weather is good.

In fact, I noticed that all three stadia that I visited had some sort of a means of dealing with rain. Both football stadia had overhangs that shielded the majority of the crowd from the rain, and the baseball stadium had a movable roof. That all three facilities were built with protection from rain says a lot about how much it must rain there.

Having said that, the weather was perfect as long as I was there.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #23
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
I don't know if you were referring to me, but I didn't say anything about how often the weather is good.
Mike's stock in trade is misery. In my short time here I've come to understand that it drives him nuts if anyone enjoys anything. I suppose it's understandable considering the existence of even one shred of happiness would render his career/calling meaningless.

Last edited by landpoke; 09-08-2008 at 06:56 PM.
landpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #24
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
This is funny coming from a resident of a state beset by horrible heat and humidity and massively destructive hurricanes. You can't even sit on a grassy spot in Dallas for fear something will crawl in you. It's one of the places least fit for human habitation I've ever visited, not to mention it's plain Jane to look at.

The reality is that as other states suffer from excruciating heat or go day to day with an infrastructure of ice and snow, Seattle is cool, and yes, in winter it rains here instead of snows. Seattle has the mildest weather of anyplace I've lived (Utah, DC, Alaska, Brazil, Ecuador) except Quito, Ecuador.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 09-08-2008 at 07:02 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
Mike's stock in trade is misery. In my short time here I've come to understand that it drives him nuts if anyone enjoys anything. I suppose it's understandable considering the existence of even one shred of happiness would render his career/calling meaningless.
This coming from a Pokes fan.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #26
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Wow. She's going Quigley Down Under right there at the game.
She was just trying to find her gum.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #27
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This coming from a Pokes fan.
I have no idea what that means in relation to what we were discussing so I'll just note that it was 33 degrees this morning with a bit of snow on the high peaks. Truly my favorite time of year here in Wyoming.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #28
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
There was a not-so-flattering article in Newsweek recently on this company:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150499
JD Drew uses it? So, I guess it's guaranteed to make you an overpaid .280 hitter who likes to disappear in big situations.

Not to mention he's been hurt a lot.

Sign me up!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #29
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

I think Seattle landscape is gorgeous, and the rest of the place is really scroungy. I keep wondering what it is that Seattle people have against colors and personal hygiene. There seems to be an abundance of way below average looking people who refuse to wear anything brightly colored. I think Seattle is a great place to visit, but for me personally, I'm not cut out to live there. I need the sun, I need color, and I don't believe that there is anything wrong with an occasional haircut, and then actually washing and doing your hair afterwards.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #30
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I think it because he has to live in texas