cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 22 point underdogs

Gosh, with a line like that I might be tempted to ignore the inferior coaching and gameplanning, the inferior athletes, the headstrong cocky arguably overrated QB, the "road neutral" site, and bet on the BYU Cougars.

Of course, this could turn into a much worse version of the Motor City Bowl.

One of the worst things about going to a BYU fan is having to be in the vicinity of BYU fans. You know, the guy with the short conservative haircut, the gut, the pasty white skin, the Utah accent, the lack of football knowledge. Then you combine that with Okie trailer trash scabies infested meth-lab fat rat-faces, well by gosh, that might just be a good time, after you pay your 35 bucks for parking.

I'm calling it now. Defeat on the field. Victory in the stands. Class trumps scoreboard.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Gosh, with a line like that I might be tempted to ignore the inferior coaching and gameplanning, the inferior athletes, the headstrong cocky arguably overrated QB, the "road neutral" site, and bet on the BYU Cougars.

Of course, this could turn into a much worse version of the Motor City Bowl.

One of the worst things about going to a BYU fan is having to be in the vicinity of BYU fans. You know, the guy with the short conservative haircut, the gut, the pasty white skin, the Utah accent, the lack of football knowledge. Then you combine that with Okie trailer trash scabies infested meth-lab fat rat-faces, well by gosh, that might just be a good time, after you pay your 35 bucks for parking.

I'm calling it now. Defeat on the field. Victory in the stands. Class trumps scoreboard.
I have not analyzed this game, but soccer dad responsibilities may trump everything so I might not be forced to watch the carnage.

One factor alone makes me concerned, the number one rated Defensive Line against an inexperienced, banged up line may spell the end of Max Hall's career. Early last season, the Sooners gleefully took out a quarterback by breaking or leg or arm. I forget which and whether the appendage was amputate.

The Sooner should be able to name the score and the Cougs may be annihilated for the rest of the season with the injuries they will sustain.