cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default What happened to Tennessee this year?

Can someone who follows the NFL help me to understand what happened to the Titans this year?

I have a hard time catching much more than MNF on a weekly basis, but have watched from afar the crappy season they had. The offense was not good, and the defense didn't seem any better. IIRC, it wasn't long ago that they were the divisional powerhouse, favored by many to win the conference on an annual basis.

Was it injuries? Poor coaching (FWIW, I don't hold any ill feelings toward Chow)? Personnel problems?

Man, how they've fallen from grace in a hurry!!!
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

When talking about examples of teams in "Salary Cap Hell" the two names that came up were S.F. and Tennessee.

The short answer is they're trying to win with hardly any players and a banged up Steve McNair. McNair liked Chow's offense but is likely to get cut for salary reasons, especially with Billy Volek as a decent vet to play ahead of or behind Matt Leinart or Vince Young.

Some have called for Fisher's head...that would be a large scale mistake. The Titans are just rebuilding I think.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happened to Tennessee this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Can someone who follows the NFL help me to understand what happened to the Titans this year?

I have a hard time catching much more than MNF on a weekly basis, but have watched from afar the crappy season they had. The offense was not good, and the defense didn't seem any better. IIRC, it wasn't long ago that they were the divisional powerhouse, favored by many to win the conference on an annual basis.

Was it injuries? Poor coaching (FWIW, I don't hold any ill feelings toward Chow)? Personnel problems?

Man, how they've fallen from grace in a hurry!!!
two reasons the titans struggled this year...

a. injuries, boy were they injured.....
b. salary cap restrictions, boy were they limited.....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote