cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #71
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #72
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

But Tex, we might be experiencing the Bush corollary, if the Republicans can't put up a candidate which the public likes better, even a President which is disliked by a substantial number of voters could be re-elected.

Obama is completely unpalatable, with nothing to attract me to him. So all the Republicans have to do is to come up with anybody of any charm and wit, and they'd win.

But as Mike has aptly identified, the Republicans are bereft of salient ideas which appeal to the public conscience. We have time to recover but I don't see the party doing what it takes. We need to jettison Palin faster than Goat turns to man-made boobs.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #73
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
But Tex, we might be experiencing the Bush corollary, if the Republicans can't put up a candidate which the public likes better, even a President which is disliked by a substantial number of voters could be re-elected.

Obama is completely unpalatable, with nothing to attract me to him. So all the Republicans have to do is to come up with anybody of any charm and wit, and they'd win.

But as Mike has aptly identified, the Republicans are bereft of salient ideas which appeal to the public conscience. We have time to recover but I don't see the party doing what it takes. We need to jettison Palin faster than Goat turns to man-made boobs.
While I agree with you, Arch, I'm not even really thinking about 2012 at the moment. Obama's the president for at least 3 more years and there's no way to know what might happen between now and then.

I'm more concerned about neutering his leftist agenda as much as possible until we can even the odds in 2010. That's the real value in these tanking poll numbers.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 12-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #74
Tex

I honestly didn't think that a year later, I'd still have reason to post about Obama hitting new lows in the polls.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #75
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
While I agree with you, Arch, I'm not even really thinking about 2012 at the moment. Obama's the president for at least 3 more years and there's no way to know what might happen between now and then.

I'm more concerned about neutering his leftist agenda as much as possible until we can even the odds in 2010. That's the real value in these tanking poll numbers.
I would be grateful if his agenda were neutered. Frankly, though, the Republicans appear disorganized and idealess, to the delight of Cali and his ilk. Obama is walking wounded but we don't have what it takes to replace him but perhaps some of his henchmen can be taken out.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #76
Tex

Haven't taken the time to post an Obama poll update in a while. Gallup's 3-day rolling average of "adults" (not voters) has him hitting 39% twice in three days.

And Rasmussen's likely voter poll shows Obama 1-point shy of his largest (dis)approval gap ever:

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #77
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

So in other words, Obama's hovering in the low 40s is the same territory that Ronald Reagan saw during his third year in office. Reagan wasn't able to instantly clean Carter's messes, so by year three, the public grew impatient. Shocking.

ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #78
Archaea

Until Obaman's approval rating is at zero, it's not low enough.

I fear Obama may be re-elected yet I for the life of me can't see how he has any approval rating.

His handling of health care is wrong.

His handling of the mortgage mess was made worse by him.

His handling of the economy is completely wrong.

So he looks good when dining with Europeans. Big deal.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #79
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
So in other words, Obama's hovering in the low 40s is the same territory that Ronald Reagan saw during his third year in office. Reagan wasn't able to instantly clean Carter's messes, so by year three, the public grew impatient. Shocking.
Great analogy! All that's left is for Obama to make a miraculous recovery and sweep 49 states!

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 08-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #80
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Great analogy! All that's left is for Obama to make a miraculous recovery and sweep 49 states!
Today, new Gallup poll: 26% approval on the economy.

But hey, it's not all bad. He's back up to 40% overall approval. Just like Reagan!

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young