cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jimmer is looking worse every game

Slower, worse decisions, more turnovers.

I'm worried.

The only good part about this recent stretch is that it has become obvious how serviceable Abuou and Rogers are in relation to K. Collinsworth.

Another thing that worries me is our zone defense. It seems like we are giving up a TON of WIDE-OPEN 3 attempts on the wing/baseline. If we play against half-decent shooting teams, that zone is going to down in flames.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Slower, worse decisions, more turnovers.

I'm worried.

The only good part about this recent stretch is that it has become obvious how serviceable Abuou and Rogers are in relation to K. Collinsworth.

Another thing that worries me is our zone defense. It seems like we are giving up a TON of WIDE-OPEN 3 attempts on the wing/baseline. If we play against half-decent shooting teams, that zone is going to down in flames.
Are there fouls not being called? Rose seems to be intimating a lot of the misses, are really shots on which Jimmer would make if he weren't brutally fouled. Again, I haven't seen several of the games. But the stats support a belief he is being worn down.

I don't know what the solution is, as he doesn't have a serviceable back up.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally think Jimmer is whining about lack of superstar treatment. He goes into the lane, out of control, throws his body into someone, and wants a foul call.

Lame.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

The zoobs calling the BYU game last Saturday said that if they had a national POY vote, they'd all give it to Jimmer (shocking), and that he is going to win national POY because, amongst other things, people on the east coast like saying "Jimmer!"
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I personally think Jimmer is whining about lack of superstar treatment. He goes into the lane, out of control, throws his body into someone, and wants a foul call.

Lame.
In one respect, I agree that Jimmer must be careful to avoid the appearance of whining as that redounds to the benefit of his opponents. So far, Jimmer has been effective in getting into the head of the opponents. He should avoid letting them get to him. And the Utah game is the only game where I have heard of Jimmer complaining to the refs. That is not his normal M.O.

In another respect, it is the job of Rose to make certain Jimmer gets whatever favorable treatment he can procure for his star. Other coaches would do the same.

Last edited by Archaea; 02-15-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote