cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I don't think Lyons is dumb. But I think he's ridiculously homer. I've never heard him say anything critical. In the end, all his analysis is useless because he's not willing to say anything that could possibly be construed to mean that BYU's players, coaches, or admin are anything but perfect.
You don't listen very often, do you?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #22
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
You don't listen very often, do you?
To be fair, most of my listening is the pre-game and post-game shows. I end up listening to Wrubell play by play more for BB than FB.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #23
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Nice thread-jack.

The blog is pretty interesting. I don't know how accurate, but it's pretty exhaustive of the teams it covers.

Wrubell doesn't bother me. Being a BYU Homer myself, I find I'm in good company with other homers. I've heard Lyons be critical of play calls & strategy in the past. But, he's also undoubtedly a homer.

I guess the real deciding factor is whether you like listening to homers calling games or not. It doesn't bother me, so I like Wrubell. Besides, he gives some pretty good info on the team, and I'm not about to give that up.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote