cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cnn is joining

Not to take a salary and to post results of testing?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/09/arm...rns/index.html
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

So basically he lets us know what this is all about....he wants to silence all the doping allegations.

Unfortunately, it will not, even if he wins and posts blood results daily. If Barry Bonds all of a sudden takes a public steroid test, does the public stop thinking he cheated in the past?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
So basically he lets us know what this is all about....he wants to silence all the doping allegations.

Unfortunately, it will not, even if he wins and posts blood results daily. If Barry Bonds all of a sudden takes a public steroid test, does the public stop thinking he cheated in the past?

SUre, if Bonds came back and posted base line blood values and continued to post them all season long wiht samples from one or more indepednent labs and then, while doing so, he went out and hit 73 home runs, it would suggest pretty strongly that either he was clean or it didn't matter (or that he took something althoogether new, I suppose, but that wouldn't seem as likely).

It's not just new testing, it's new testing and new racing. Now if he doens't do so well in the race, a very real possibility, then he is in a strange position.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
SUre, if Bonds came back and posted base line blood values and continued to post them all season long wiht samples from one or more indepednent labs and then, while doing so, he went out and hit 73 home runs, it would suggest pretty strongly that either he was clean or it didn't matter (or that he took something althoogether new, I suppose, but that wouldn't seem as likely).

It's not just new testing, it's new testing and new racing. Now if he doens't do so well in the race, a very real possibility, then he is in a strange position.
In a strange position after a three year lay off and past his prime?
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post

then he could just blame his age. it would be like jordan coming back to basketball with the wizards.

and no, lance winning one this time does not silence the critics. of course it doesnt. it makes his supporters feel justification (and possibly rightfully so), but it still doesn't clear the cloud.

i think Lance is making a mistake. he is going to wind up chasing his tail on this if he thinks that the critics will go away once and for all. The risk seems high....what is he loses the race?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #6
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

He can blame his age, but I don't think it matters. If he doesn't come back and win or almost win then it will ahve no effect on his reputation. IF he wins, however, it will be pretty hard to argue that he was using drugsd back in the day. No mater hwat, however, this should be interesting.