cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
pdpete24

pdpete24 is on a distinguished road
Default Race: BYU vs. the UofU

On Sept. 20 Bikes for kids Utah is sponsoring a race between the cycling clubs of BYU and the UofU. Here is the press release

Red vs. Blue Trial Race
The Red vs. Blue Time Trial, presented by O.C. Tanner, will gather the cycling clubs, alumni and fans of Brigham Young University and the University of Utah to raise money and awareness for Bikes for Kids Utah. The event is scheduled for Saturday, September 20 beginning at 9:00 a.m.

Cyclists of all ages, abilities and genders are encouraged to ride in the individual time trial. Participants can assign their finish time to one of the two cycling clubs to help their favorite school achieve the fastest average time. The team with the fastest average time will win the O.C. Tanner Cup, a special trophy to be engraved with the winning club's name.

Beginning at the LDS Chapel at 272 E. Traverse Point Dr. in Draper, Utah traveling up Traverse Ridge Road and finishing at Suncrest Market, the three-mile time trial course has an elevation gain of more than 1,300 feet with 10 percent to 12 percent grades in some locations.

The club with the fastest average speed of official cycling club members from the respective schools will win the O.C. Tanner Cup, a $1,000 cash prize to help with their future racing efforts.

The first three men and women in five different age categories to make it up the 1,300-foot elevation gain will also receive an award. Cyclists of all ages, abilities and genders may ride in the individual time trial for a tax-deductible entry fee of $25. All proceeds to go to Bikes for Kids Utah.

For those interested in registering for the Red vs. Blue Time Trial, purchasing tickets for the Bikes for Kids Dinner Auction or donating items for the silent auction, please visit www.bikesforkidsutah.org or call 801-523-3730.
pdpete24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Maybe we can sign Waters up on the red team to guarantee a blue victory.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote