cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Armstrong and Contador

interesting:

Quote:
Armstrong downplayed potential conflicts of leadership with Astana’s Alberto Contador — who has won the Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and Vuelta a España in less than two years — and Levi Leipheimer.
“I never raced on the same team with Alberto,” Armstrong said. “I raced in the same peloton. I would tell Alberto that after four years off the bike, I don’t know if I can be nearly as competitive as I was before. It isn’t about that. I think he is the best bike rider in the world right now. I don’t know how events will unfold. I certainly hope he stays with the team. I certainly think he’s a great rider and a good guy. I’m sure he’ll be asked a lot about it over the next week, months”
“I am looking forward not only to being reunited with Johan and the rest of the gang that I knew before, but also to new faces like Alberto,” Armstrong said.
As to whether Astana would be allowed into the 2009 Tour de France, Armstrong was confident.
“I have not spoken to (Christian Prudhomme), but I saw in the press that Astana is welcome to come to (the Tour de France),” Armstrong said.