cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 AM   #11
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

r.f.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #12
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall

I did see Shawn in the temple a couple of months ago. He was right beside me. It was very enlightening to look up to someone almost a foot taller than me.
realtall,

I checked out your blog, and holy crap was it ever interesting.

Two music degrees, eh?
Yep. And thanks.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
pedrotea

pedrotea

Mine is just a play on my name using Portuguese, Pedro is... well I think you can guess that. And the Portuguese word for tea is pronounced similar to my last name, I was known as Elder chá de limão (lemon tea) by many members in my mission.
pedrotea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #14
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up in a family of rabid yewt fans ... My father has had season tickets on and off for years, two brothers and a brother in law regularly haunt Utefans.net and I am the lone rabid BYU fan.

As a kid I once pretended I wasn't feeling well so I could stay home from a Utah game to watch BYU on tv ... in the eyes of my family I am too religous, too irrational, too blue!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #15
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine from the days of warcraft 2. I always called myself darklight, after going unbeatin by all of my friends for almost a year they started calling me AllKILLI. I liked the name so I kept it and lated shortend it to alkili
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Surfah, hawaiian pidgin pronounciation. I surf and I am Hawaiian. The 33 is my volleyball number from high school. 3 is just my favorite number so every sport I played was 33 or some number with 3, for example football was 73. 3 is also the magic number. Most people think 33 is my age. I have a few years before I join the older singles ward yet.
Do you windsurf? I do.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #17
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in Walnut Creek CA. When I first signed up for CB it was the only thing that occurred to me. Pretty lame, I realize.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

When I used to be MesaCougar mine was just indicative of the location I lived when I signed up on Cougarboard.

I haven't lived in Mesa for 3 1/2 years now and just waited forever to change, so when I signed up here, I simultaneously got my name on Cougarboard changed to RockyBalboa.

Which of course is indicative of my favorite movies when I was a kid growing up.

I've always been a sucker for the underdog cheesy sports flicks.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #19
fuegote

fuegote

On my mission in south texas in '97, i was trasnferring into Corpus Christi, on my way the new DL couldn't remember my name and told my future companion, my name was fuego.

well i got off the Transfer wagon, with my texas shaped shades on, got off and was just hugging everyone. You see, i had been out for two months and had a trainer that didn't believe in getting up and staying out, but did believe in long lunches. I was pretty excited to move.

So they just laughed and called me fuego.

when i started my email account with rocketmail (ahh, a blast from the past before it became yahoo mail), i tried fuego but it was gone, so using my bad spanish (pocho = texmex which is just horrible spanish) i came up with giant fire: fuegote (a la grandote). only to learn it should have been fuegon...oh well...it's there and it's been my online name since 97.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #20
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

My moniker comes from and old Pat Bagley cartoon in which it has a mother scolding her son at a church function saying "No you can't have any more white cookies and stop calling the punch "Mormon Red Death".
On the utefans.net board I am known as Ann Arbor Ute. I don't live in Ann Arbor anymore but thoughts since I had the chance to change I would.

It has nothing to do with me be an assassin (although when I play Halo I can be pretty lethal in a tank). It also has nothing to do with any veneral diseases that Mormon mothers tell their kids they get if they break the law of chasitiy