cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joey Porter

It appears the NFL will not be fining Steelrs LB Joey Porter for his outburst after the Steelers/Colts game where somehow he believes that despite the win, they were still cheated. Should he have been fined for saying this:

"I don't even know what to say because I don't know if the league will fine me for saying we got cheated out there today. But on that play right there, that man caught the ball, got on the ground, was getting up, and knocked the ball out with his knee. I mean, I know they wanted Indy to win this game. The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us. That play right there, they tried to take the game away from us."

One of the things I like about the NFL is the integrity of the game and of the officiating. IMO Joey Porter completely disregarded that in his statements following the game. I can promise you, if it was fixed, we wouldn't see a Denver/Pittsburgh matchup in the AFC championship...we'd see Indy/NE playing... the AFC title game.

Should Porter have been Fined for his comments?

I believe he should've. By saying that the NFL refs were trying to cheat the Steelers completely takes away from their accomplishment of moving on. His organization should be embarassed at his antics after that game.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

The last I read the NFL had decided not to take any action against him, presumably because the NFL determined that the referee was wrong in overturning the call.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2296578
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote